Proposal: Adam Larsson?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Maybe 1st + Poolman + Dickinson + Rathbone then? That would be a pretty big package but I'm also wondering where our team would be in the standings with that new line-up?

Podkolzin-Miller-Boeser
Kuzemko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Pearson-Horvat-Garland
Hoglander-Lazar-Jackson

Lockwood

Hughes-Murphy
OEL-Myers
Dermott-Schenn

Juulsen

Demko
Martin

I could definitely see the above team causing a 1st round upset and making it to the 2nd round......and then possibly taking the next level once the Canucks replace Myers and Pearson with better value.

That's probably what it would cost to do the deal, and would instantly not be worth it on our end, unfortunatelly. Poolman and Dickinson are such negative value that whatever it would take to move them would make it not worth it on our end to move them. There's no short cuts out of the Benning Blunders, we might just have to serve our time in cap prison, which is why as much as I love Miller and am weirdly happy with him sticking with us, rationally I worry that our fate is set to burn off the good value years of his contract and then we'll be carrying both him and OEL's dead weight when we should actually be in a window to take the run.

Larsson same boat, we don't have anything to offer Seattle that they'd want, unless we'd give them things that would not be worth it for us to do the deal. Unless as noted, Boeser goes on a great run, and Kuzmenko and Mikheyev also are solid assets, in which case would Seattle take Boeser for Larsson?

Reactions: Ruthervin

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Kraken just added wingers Burakovsky and Bjorkstrand, they won't be interested in moving a top 4 D for another winger.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Lol - I couldn’t delete or edit the post for some reason

On mobile, if I go to modify a quote but do too much I become locked inside that quote. No way for me to leave. I can’t delete the quote and even if I reset the browser, it remains in that thread. I have to go to my PC and delete the quote. Very weird.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
On mobile, if I go to modify a quote but do too much I become locked inside that quote. No way for me to leave. I can’t delete the quote and even if I reset the browser, it remains in that thread. I have to go to my PC and delete the quote. Very weird.
The issues around mobile and quotes have been screwing me the last couple of days.

Especially when I write a big reply but choose not to send it, only for it to appear later on when I reply to someone else.

Reactions: Vector

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Severson will be a Canuck by next trade deadline or off season. He played for the Quebec Remparts...uh Kelowna Rockets so it's inevitable

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seattle isn't trading Larsson. Larsson isn't waiving
Seriously, this trade isn't as outlandish as it might sound. Larsson is 29, and is due $4m a season for the next four seasons. He's a guy that a non-contending team like the Kraken should be looking to deal, particularly if they can get some picks and Grade A prospects back.

They're still an expansion team in middle of building up their roster. And Larsson will be long gone before they're competing for anything.

Unfortunately for the Canucks his contract is just two rich for them, unless someone like Pearson or Myers was heading back the other way.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I like Larsson. Don't think Kraken will trade him to us at the price we want to pay. Plus we need to send salary out.

I think there's a good chance Larsson will waive if asked. He is familiar with OEL and moving across the border isn't that big of a move for someone who has lived in Canada before.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
They're still an expansion team in middle of building up their roster. And Larsson will be long gone before they're competing for anything.

rightly or wrongly seattle think they are a lot closer to competitive than that. they just added burakovsky, bjorkstrand and schultz. those aren't moves you make if you don't expect to compete

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Exactly. Then you might as well try and sign Severson in the offseason. There's enough of local ties that we have a bit of an inside track.

Maybe there's a scenario where Ottawa is interested at the draft?

Ott 2023 2nd, rights to Zub
for
Garland
Nah, I think we'd hold on to Garland if that was offered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad