Value of: Adam Larsson to New Jersey

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The Devils are in need of a top 4 defensive defenseman. Preferably it would be a LHD, but it seems there aren’t many top 4 defensive LHD out there on the trade market.

Would would the Devils have to give Edmonton to acquire Adam Larsson? And please don’t respond with Taylor Hall, I’m looking for serious responses.
I am not sure we could afford to move him . Our RD is Persson and Bear after Larsson both whom are rookies . I would move Larsson if we had a RD coming back .

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The Devils are in need of a top 4 defensive defenseman. Preferably it would be a LHD, but it seems there aren’t many top 4 defensive LHD out there on the trade market.

Would would the Devils have to give Edmonton to acquire Adam Larsson? And please don’t respond with Taylor Hall, I’m looking for serious responses.

How can you elicit serious responses with a ridiculous proposal? Oilers aren’t interested in trading any top-4 D. Devils need to suck a few more years to rebuild their pipe... current D lineup is awful. In fact, the Devils should be the ones trading vets away.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
How can you elicit serious responses with a ridiculous proposal? Oilers aren’t interested in trading any top-4 D. Devils need to suck a few more years to rebuild their pipe... current D lineup is awful. In fact, the Devils should be the ones trading vets away.
As you can tell, the mindset of most Devils fans is that it is playoffs or bust because THE Taylor Hall will leave if they do not. If the Devils do make a trade it should be trading a veteran player for another player or picks/D prospects as opposed to trading futures away. The Devils are already without 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2020 and no 2nd in 2021.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Even if he was healthy there is no way, ever, like stop thinking of it, that Edmonton will ever trade Larsson back to NJ for anything short of Taylor Hall. Regardless of who the GM is.

Maybe a smaller move involving Bear or Jones but not a chance Larsson is going to NJ.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Even if he was healthy there is no way, ever, like stop thinking of it, that Edmonton will ever trade Larsson back to NJ for anything short of Taylor Hall. Regardless of who the GM is.

Maybe a smaller move involving Bear or Jones but not a chance Larsson is going to NJ.

Bear might be a guy that makes Larsson expendable down the road. Kid looks good and Tippett’s giving him a real look, none of this Todd McLellan 11 minutes a night BS.

But it won’t be to New Jersey unless it’s a big overpayment. The optics of flipping Larsson back to NJD for any combination of futures/prospects/replaceable parts are simply too awful.

Reactions: MC2D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad