Player Discussion Adam Larsson (Hall talk will result in a thread ban)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RIP Mr. Larsson, your son has always come across as a hard working and honest player which I'm sure is at least in part due to the core values that you helped to instill in him.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Such sad news. Poor Adam, wish him and his family the best. I wish as fans there was more we could do, but when he comes back we need to show him why Oil Country has the best fans in the world and that we are all here for him.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Just saw the news. Wow, his father was so young. I feel awful for Adam and can’t imagine the feeling. I can remember when Adam was in his rookie season and really struggling with confidence issues. He went back to Sweden to be with his family and clear his mind. It always seemed like he was close with his family.

Definitely going to use this as reminder to myself to cherish the time with my parents more.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
TSN article makes it sound like he died yesterday and that he was suppose to be at the game

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
Just lost my dad yesterday in the morning. My condolences to you are your family as well as Adam's.

So sorry to hear this man. While it's still tough to swallow most days, trust me when I say that it gets easier as time goes on. You find ways of dealing with it and your memories of him become happy ones.

If you ever need advice or just to chat someone who's been through it don't be afraid to message me. Take care my friend! All the best to you and your family.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Damn, only 50 years old, gone way too young.

Poor Adam. I expect that the boys will play their hearts out for him when he returns.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
A devastating loss under any circumstance, but especially so considering Robert's age, the fact that he was visiting his son here and it supposedly happened suddenly. Loss puts everything in perspective and reaffirms that sports are are trivial and unimportant things in times like these. My condolences and thoughts to the Larsson family. Hope he takes all the time he needs to mourn his father's passing.

Sad to read the messages of all the posters here who have lost parents young as well. I lost my dad 20 years ago when I was 8 years old on vacation in Seattle due to a freak accident and it still gnaws away at me. You learn to cope, but it never really gets easier.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My condolences to the entire Larsson family and to everybody else here that has suffered the loss of parent(s).

As mixed as it is the one thing I can offer as wisdom is when your parents die you have a kind of reawakening where you enter a different stage of your life and find out more about who you are yourself and what is meaningful to you individually and within your own families. Gone in time are the threads that connect you to those that raised you and imparted their own mores to you. This often enough even means new passions, that old ones die and to the extent of career change etc. You're never quite the same for good or bad.

I write this because passions are often altered significantly subsequent to loss.

That said what I've written is choice, and there are choices. Based on experiences, positive or negative, people retain or refute the influence of their origins and parents.

Finally, for any fathers son, and I suspect Adam was probably one, you enter a very strange place where the one who meant so much to you, who you always looked to please, to get better, to obtain the most you ever could, that person is gone. This requires internalizing ones own drive that much more.

cheers to all of you in your journeys.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I moved from Montreal to Toronto because I got hired last march. My first day at work, my dad was hospitalized. He passed away 3 months later.I'm only 24 and sometimes I still can't believe it He passed away the day before I was writing my CFA exam. He told every family member and friends to not write anything on social medias and to tell me after my exam that he passed away. My deepest prayers to Larsson and his family. Loved him as a Devil, and I'm glad you guys are enjoying him too.

wokwithme

Dec 8, 2017
just awful news...especially since he was visiting his son here
RIP Mr. Larsson

This is one thing that stands out for me; he was visiting when it happened. maybe others dont see it the way i do , in a time of such loss, but i see it as a blessing that he got to come over from sweden to watch adam play and spend time with him (during what most NHL teams set aside as the father/sons games/trips).
Absolutely terrible loss and my deepest condolences to the Larsson family.

Pretty awesome that they were able to spend time together at the end though. death seldom calls with advance notice. got to make every moment count...which is difficult in this impossibly rat-race, illusion filled, instant gratification, messed up world weve made for ourselves.

BTW...Adam has become, through his hard work, my favorite Oiler during his time here. I respect him immensely and i know the Oilers will give him every bit of time he needs.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Terrible news to hear, as others have said this is a time where hockey takes the back seat. I can't even imagine, I truly feel for him and all the other posters here who have suffered similar losses. Stay strong guys.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad