Signing(s): Adam Jones with the DBacks

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
Classy player who is making a smart decision to sign with a team that is rebuilding, where there is no pressure and to try put up good enough numbers to get traded to a contender at the deadline where he might enjoy some playoff success before his talents really decline as he gets older.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Facts about Jones' numbers:

-Jones had a .732 OPS last year, which was .055 worse than the previous season.
-His ISO (average minus slugging percentage) was .138 in 2018, which was his worst since 2008 (!!!) by a large margin.
-Over the last three seasons, his OPS+ is very slightly above league average.
-His DRS was -25 (!!!!!!) last year.

I normally don't make predictions on here (just so I don't look stupid), but I wouldn't be surprised if his fWAR and/or bWAR was negative this year.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I find this whole D-Backs thing depressing. They were my team to watch late at night out here on the west side of the continent for the last couple years. Goldy, the pitching, Ketel Marte even, now what...
I'll just go with another rebuild in Seattle I guess, see what Kikuchi has. Colorado always fun to watch but same Mountain time zone. Giants suck, Padres suck, Dodgers are the Dodgers...

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Excuse to post arguably the best baseball moment that I've been in attendance for (it's a short list being in San Diego).

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
At least you're in San Diego, beautiful place, and looks like a great stadium. Good things coming with the return of the brown, prospect pool and Machado. Jealous of the fact you're there and I'm well, in Edmonton.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I find this whole D-Backs thing depressing. They were my team to watch late at night out here on the west side of the continent for the last couple years. Goldy, the pitching, Ketel Marte even, now what...
I'll just go with another rebuild in Seattle I guess, see what Kikuchi has. Colorado always fun to watch but same Mountain time zone. Giants suck, Padres suck, Dodgers are the Dodgers...
Oakland is a fun team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad