Player Discussion Adam Henrique

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
1+1 in his last ten games with 12 shots on goal total in those. Binoculars for his last 6. I know his role and opportunities have gone down with Getz back but he has to do more out there. Especially the shot count is appalling.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I've liked him on the PP, he's good at those short 1-touch passes. He's been OK 5 on 5, and he's hit a few posts already. I am looking forward to seeing him with Perry on our 3rd line.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
1+1 in his last ten games with 12 shots on goal total in those. Binoculars for his last 6. I know his role and opportunities have gone down with Getz back but he has to do more out there. Especially the shot count is appalling.
That's exactly what Devils fans said to expect. He's streaky and fans feel let down when he goes into hibernation.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't think it helped him at all that RC tried to recast him in Kesler's role with Cogs and Silf. That seemed to be when the offense started to dry up.

That certainly could have had an impact. But neither was it realistic to expect his PPG start to continue. (Not saying you did.) An awful lot of players are more streaky than consistent over 82 games. Personally, I'm quite pleased with him since he's been here.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That certainly could have had an impact. But neither was it realistic to expect his PPG start to continue. (Not saying you did.) An awful lot of players are more streaky than consistent over 82 games. Personally, I'm quite pleased with him since he's been here.

Seconded. On all counts.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think its a big deal, he has some offensive upside... and he seems to be good with his positioning, and defensively. Part of the problem is with all these players coming back from injuries players are constantly being thrown around the line up... I think hell benefit more when the roster is healthy and players start playing with the same lines on a nightly basis. He seemed to do alright with Perry and rakell and id like to see that line put together again
Rakell Henrique Perry. I also like Vermette on Getzlafs wing ... maybe a line up like

Vermette Getzlaf Kase
Rakell Henrique Perry
Cogs Kesler Silfverberg
Ritchie Wagner Grant

Or was vermette playing on the right side? I do think we are still kinda weak on left wing side.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Carlyle takes Rakell away from Getzlaf he desires to be fired on the spot and if Murray lets him fire him too.

Reactions: Trojans86

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
There's not a lot he does wrong. Lengthy scoreless droughts aren't great, though.

I think there is some validity to the opinion that shoehorning him into Kesler’s role prior to his return contributed.

I’m not excited about inconsistent production, but we should see how a more stable role for him with players healthy factors.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Rakell Getzlaf Roy
Kase Henrique Perry
Silf Kesler Cogs
Ritchie/Grant Vermette Wagner

If Roy doesn't play well move someone from 4th he can make anyone effective, leave Rakell with him 100% though.

Man if Eaves came back this lineup would be INSANE

Reactions: Trojans86

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Carlyle takes Rakell away from Getzlaf he desires to be fired on the spot and if Murray lets him fire him too.

Disagree, I don't mind splitting Rakell and Getzlaf up. But I'm not opposed to trying kase with Henrique and Perry, I think kase/rakell should be split up because they are too similar players. While I like what roy has shown I don't think hell stick up with the NHL team when healthy.... he still a bit inconsistent and with the game we play he doesn't exactly fit in... I actually liked vermette up in the top 6 as a winger and hoping we get to see it for a few more games, maybe RC is on to something.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Rakell and Getzlaf literally did everything on both goals. They should never be separated imo.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Rakell and Getzlaf literally did everything on both goals. They should never be separated imo.

I'm inclined to agree. Also, even though he hasn't scored for a while, he's generating chances and giving teams another line to focus on, which makes our offense better as a whole.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rakell Getzlaf Roy
Kase Henrique Perry
Silf Kesler Cogs

If Roy doesn't play well move someone from 4th he can make anyone effective, leave Rakell with him 100% though.

You want Roy who has 0 points his last 7 and has been very bad defensively on the top line when everyone is healthy? I know you love dangles and flashiness but Roy is a rookie that is still very raw, he’s not going to be playing shotgun on a line with our two best offensive forwards unless he tidies up his defensive game massively.

Reactions: Getz2perry
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think there is some validity to the opinion that shoehorning him into Kesler’s role prior to his return contributed.

I’m not excited about inconsistent production, but we should see how a more stable role for him with players healthy factors.
I don't think it's that much of a mismatch for his skills, but being whiplashed around the lineup I'm sure doesn't help, I agree. We'll see what he does.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
You want Roy who has 0 points his last 7 and has been very bad defensively on the top line when everyone is healthy? I know you love dangles and flashiness but Roy is a rookie that is still very raw, he’s not going to be playing shotgun on a line with our two best offensive forwards unless he tidies up his defensive game massively.

I mean Vermette had 0 points in his last 8 before last night

It's no coincidence Roy looked best with skill players, he's a skill player. If they aren't gonna play him there just send him back to SD and plug a plug in.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Rakell Getzlaf Roy
Kase Henrique Perry
Silf Kesler Cogs

totally agree here. no way you can take rakell off of getzlaf line and Roy is effective with getzlaf because he can control the puck and make plays in the offensive zone when getzlaf sets him up. outside of playing with getzlaf he needs to be in the ahl.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Disagree, I don't mind splitting Rakell and Getzlaf up. But I'm not opposed to trying kase with Henrique and Perry, I think kase/rakell should be split up because they are too similar players. While I like what roy has shown I don't think hell stick up with the NHL team when healthy.... he still a bit inconsistent and with the game we play he doesn't exactly fit in... I actually liked vermette up in the top 6 as a winger and hoping we get to see it for a few more games, maybe RC is on to something.
rakell is an elite winger with getzlaf and an okay winger with anyone else. I'm all for balancing lines but the difference in what we get out of rakell with and without getz is enormous. henrique looked good with rakell but not nearly good enough to warrant taking rakell off of his line. I like kase with henrique but you need more than Ritchie on that 3rd line with henrique otherwise it stalls. I really like the idea of kase and Perry with henrique.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Rakell Getzlaf Roy
Kase Henrique Perry
Silf Kesler Cogs

I'd personally like to see these lines.

(Vermette/Kase) Getzlaf Rakell
Cogs Kesler Silf
(Vermette/Kase) Henrique Perry
Ritchie Grant Wagner

That gives us a high level offensive pair on our top 3 lines. Then either gives us elite face off ability on our top two lines (Vermette on the 1st) or solid face off ability on every line (Getz, Kesler, Vermette, Grant). I like the idea of these lines a lot personally.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'd personally like to see these lines.

(Vermette/Kase) Getzlaf Rakell
Cogs Kesler Silf
(Vermette/Kase) Henrique Perry
Ritchie Grant Wagner

That gives us a high level offensive pair on our top 3 lines. Then either gives us elite face off ability on our top two lines (Vermette on the 1st) or solid face off ability on every line (Getz, Kesler, Vermette, Grant). I like the idea of these lines a lot personally.

Yeah I like these lines a lot too. Kase would be stapled to 1st line though. I like Vermette on that 3rd line to help Rico with faceoffs. That "3rd line" should be able to eat up other teams 3rd/4th lines too.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
You guys went from wanting vermette scratched to wanting him on the first line

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
You guys went from wanting vermette scratched to wanting him on the first line

For the record, I was never one of those who wanted him scratched. However, I definitely do not want him on the first line. I don't think he's got the endurance to keep up there honestly. I like him on that 3rd line with Henrique and Perry because he's solid defensively and should help Rico's faceoff woes.

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->