Player Discussion Adam Gaudette, Pt. II

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Beagle signing will look even more silly 2 years in with 2 to go.
The sad fact of life is that Canucks could swap out Beagle/Schaller/ Sutter for Gaudette, MacEwan and Gaunce and not miss a beat.

At some point Benning is going have to deal both Sutter and Gudbranson, and admit the obvious. They weren't 'foundational players' after all.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
Kid could be the worst passer I’ve ever seen in the show. 3 prime chances died because he couldn’t make a 10 foot pass

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
The sad fact of life is that Canucks could swap out Beagle/Schaller/ Sutter for Gaudette, MacEwan and Gaunce and not miss a beat.

At some point Benning is going have to deal both Sutter and Gudbranson, and admit the obvious. They weren't 'foundational players' after all.

On the PK they will miss a beat. Before Sutter got hurt, he was only on the ice for 1 ppg. When Beagle came back, Canucks killed off around 20 straight PP

Defensive zone faceoffs Sutter and Beagle would be a better option. Other than that I do agree with you

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Botch reported last summer that about 4 team called about Sutter.
Jimbo needs to keep those teams on 'speed dial'. Canuck centers going forward are Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette and Beagle. No room for Sutter and he's not very good on the wing. Deal him now!

Reactions: Vancouver_2010

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Honestly surprised by his development in the skating aspect. I remember him being slow in college and he doesn't seem too slow in pro.

I'm not particularly worried about his development. He is on pace to probably be a solid middle 6 center like McCann.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If thats the case then maybe for the right situation Sutter (sorry Gaudette) would waive the NTC at the dead line.

That’s what I was thinking. If the team approaches him he may be willing to waive for an ideal situation now rather than wait until the off-season and have less control over where he ends up. Assuming management even is entertaining the thought.

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
July 1st Sutter's NTC turns into a modified NTC(15 team list), I wonder if he's shopped this off-season?
If they could get a smoking deal with prospects, it would be something to consider...He is approaching 30 (if he's not already)..

Game in, game out..Sutter was playing great for the Canucks before he separated his shoulder (game 13 in October)..He's only played 3 games since his injury (out for 2 months), and is obviously currently not up to speed..On the 3rd line,in a shutdown role, he is good...expect him to pick up his game in the next few weeks...It took Baertschi about 6 games since his injury, to being effective.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He reminds me a lot of Kyle Connor when Connor broke into the NHL. Kyle struggled to produce but would show lots of flashes of good play in the NHL. I think Gaudette will definitely put up 50-60 points in his prime. If Gaudette can carve out a Dave Bolland career that show tons of heart, energy, and clutch play in the playoffs, its a huge win.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kid could be the worst passer I’ve ever seen in the show. 3 prime chances died because he couldn’t make a 10 foot pass
You could be describing Sutter, the place where offensive creativity and scoring go to die. And he's making $4m a season. Frankly, I'd rather go with the rookie, even if his passing needs to improve.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'm curious as to what the development plan is for Gaudette?

The bottom6 spots are locked with Sutter and Beagle. They don't play him much when he is up here either. What's the plan? Is he going to be an injury call-up? Move to wing?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I'm curious as to what the development plan is for Gaudette?

The bottom6 spots are locked with Sutter and Beagle. They don't play him much when he is up here either. What's the plan? Is he going to be an injury call-up? Move to wing?

They’ll try and move Sutter obviously (when management feels that Gaudette brings value which is equal or very close to what Sutter brings), but here’s an idea that I had:

It involves promoting Gaudette to the NHL *without* having to move Sutter or Beagle. It’s not an idea that I’m necessarily behind, as much as I’m attempting to “think out loud” here.

Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser
Baertschi-Gaudette-Virtanen
Goldobin-Sutter-Eriksson
Roussel-Beagle-Motte

So - instead of promoting Gaudette at the expense of Sutter, Granlund gets the bump instead [or Goldobin if the Canucks move in from him].

Put all the eggs in one basket (top line), while giving Gaudette the necessary ice time to develop into a 2nd line C.

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Columbus needs a center. Trade Sutter for Wennberg and put Wennberg on Pettersson's wing.

I highly doubt Columbus agrees to that.

If we’re thinking Swedish reclamation projects however, I wonder what it would take to get Nylander here from Buffalo?

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Not so sure about that. He's struggling badly under Tortorella. Making more than Sutter and a longer term. Might have to add Goldobin though. Which might work when they trade Panarin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad