Player Discussion Adam Gaudette - Hobey Baker winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Lol...if the Canucks are relying on Horvat, Sutter, Beagle and/or Gaunce to be their center icemen, they'll be locked into lottery land by Xmas. Gaudette virtually the only pivot they've got, other than Horvat, with any capability of generating some offense. So unless they shift Pettersson to the middle immediately, Gaudette would really have to stink it up in training camp to get shipped out imo.

This veteran laden team will be absolutely painful to watch this year as they don't even hit 200 goals and are certain to be at the bottom of the NHL.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
There is 0% chance Hughes or OJ makes the team, regardless of what management says about "making room" or "just bringing in competition". There's gonna be 8 defensemen already pencilled in the big lineup. I don't see them waiving any of them. Edler/Tanev/RealGud/MDZ/Stecher/Pouliot are locked in for better or worse. That's your starting 6. They like Biega too. And I know Hutton is in the dog house, but they're not going to shoo him away to get OJ 9 games only to be sent down later.

And it's not like if Gaudette shows up and outplays Beagle, they're going to send Beagle to the minors either. I mean, I could see them ditching Gaunce or Goldobin, but that would also seem to look poor on the organization.

How the f***in f*** does this happen..??

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
How do they plan to sell tickets to watch these plugs? Talk about misreading your fan base. Pretty clear the only thing any Canuck fan is excited about WAS a youth movement. Getting younger and faster like the rest of the NHL.

Reactions: pomorick

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
negligence

Also funny that the log-jam on mediocre defencemen doesn't even factor in the potential for Tryamkin to return.

Honestly.. I toned down my expectations for last season to: "I hope Boeser has a good rookie season and stays healthy." Was too much to ask...

This year I just wanted to see the kids play, already seems like a pipe dream. Seriously... FFS.

Reactions: lindgren

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Honestly.. I toned down my expectations for last season to: "I hope Boeser has a good rookie season and stays healthy." Was too much to ask...

This year I just wanted to see the kids play, already seems like a pipe dream. Seriously... FFS.

Yep lol, with the Beagle and Roussel signings and bringing back Granlund, we likely won't get to see much of Dahlen, Goldobin, and/or Gaudette who otherwise would have a decent chance of cracking the roster sometime this season. Same goes for Lind, Gadjovich, etc.

It is hard to get excited for this team when management always brings in unnecessary veterans (more so Roussel than Beagle). I hope we flip a defenceman soon, like Hutton/Del Zotto, but even that is probably too much to ask for.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Seriously this needs to stop. He fled to Russia. He’s not coming back. Some fans jump on any little tidbit like “I haven’t completely closed the door to one day returning” which means , I am not coming back.

negligence

Also funny that the log-jam on mediocre defencemen doesn't even factor in the potential for Tryamkin to return.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Some of you who keep attacking and bashing Gaudette are missing one key thing: he will absolutely kill it and make 2C. Just cant see it not happening hes such a determined guy with SUPREME character

I tell ya the negativity towards anything AND everything about the Nucks from our own fans is really turning me anti anti Benning. YIKES
Do t you get what people are actually talking about
There’s is no room for Gaudette and maybe even Pettersson, there are simply too many forwards under nhl contract now. And I don’t see JB trading away any of the veteran forwards

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Do t you get what people are actually talking about
There’s is no room for Gaudette and maybe even Pettersson, there are simply too many forwards under nhl contract now. And I don’t see JB trading away any of the veteran forwards
Would be great to see Gaudette in Utica as the number 1 C. Dump some scraps at the deadline and call him up for good

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Seriously this needs to stop. He fled to Russia. He’s not coming back. Some fans jump on any little tidbit like “I haven’t completely closed the door to one day returning” which means , I am not coming back.

You need to look up the definition for the word 'potential'...

Canucks own Tryamkin's rights. Tryamkin cited ice time as an issue with the team, and the Canucks have since fired WD who was responsible for that decision. Tryamkin has stated he still follows the team and might return to the NHL in the future.

Is it likely that Tryamkin returns as a Canuck? No. Is it within the realm of possibilities? Yes.

Reactions: Catbug

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I would like to see Gaudette become a top line center playing top line minutes in the AHL before he even gets a sniff at the NHL. Why are we rushing these guys? he hardly looked ready in his 5 game stint.

grooming a top line of Dahlen - Gaudette - Lind in the AHL would be the best course of development for those players. Out of sight out of mind from the circus in Vancouver.

Reactions: BlueGreen

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
With the recent signings, you will get your wish. Those 3 won't be getting a sniff of NHL action, until they request a trade maybe.

I would like to see Gaudette become a top line center playing top line minutes in the AHL before he even gets a sniff at the NHL. Why are we rushing these guys? he hardly looked ready in his 5 game stint.

grooming a top line of Dahlen - Gaudette - Lind in the AHL would be the best course of development for those players. Out of sight out of mind from the circus in Vancouver.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

For 3 years??

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Why rush them? If you're a season ticket-holder you wouldn't have this question. There are 41 home games at Rogers Arena to sell tickets for....watching guys like Beagle, Sutter and Gaunce trying to generate offense down the middle, while the kids marinate in the minors might make posters on this board feel good, but is pure poison to people who actually buy tickets.

Load up with all of 'em. Hughes, Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlen, Juolevi and Demko. What's the worst that can happen? They flop and then get sent to the minors. It's not as if the Canucks aren't a bad lottery team again anyway.

Reactions: pomorick and Catbug

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The Canucks fired Willie BEFORE Tryamkin made his decision to not return so that excuse doesn't wash. He wanted to be gifted icetime that he hadn't yet earned. Let him rot in Russia I say...

He wanted out... Thats all we know. He said it was because he saw no rhyme nor reason as how players get their icetime here.
Can you really blame him? I mean... Who wants to be a part of this clown show right now it they have a valid alternative?

Reactions: pomorick and Catbug

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Why rush them? If you're a season ticket-holder you wouldn't have this question.

If you're a season ticket-holder, the hope is that you're an intelligent and die-hard fan who wants the best for the team. If a prospect is better off spending more time developing in a lower league that's what you want as a fan.

I think that before the Beagle signing, the thought was that they wouldn't mind having Gaudette develop on the bottom 2 lines. Now? I'm not sure where he would fit in if he isn't somehow on an offensive line with say Pettersson. But Gaudette would have had a summer to train. I hope he pushes for a spot.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
He wanted out... Thats all we know. He said it was because he saw no rhyme nor reason as how players get their icetime here.
Can you really blame him? I mean... Who wants to be a part of this clown show right now it they have a valid alternative?

He showed up not in game shape and wasn't anywhere near good enough for too many games. Gifting icetime guys like Tryamkin is a surefire way to end up with a team full of entitled floaters. I for one don't want him back under any circumstances unless he comes back completely transformed which is very unlikely. Trade his rights for a guy who cares...

Reactions: Pump n Dump

TheOtherGM

Jan 8, 2007
Gaudette's development has been very interesting to track. He's trended upward the entire time and the next step is to go to the American Hockey League, establish his credentials and force the Canucks to make a move to get him onto the big roster.
It's no small step from NCAA to AHL. It's not unreasonable to start him off there, hope he thrives, and bring him up when the inevitable injuries hit.

Reactions: BlueGreen

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Why rush them? If you're a season ticket-holder you wouldn't have this question. There are 41 home games at Rogers Arena to sell tickets for....watching guys like Beagle, Sutter and Gaunce trying to generate offense down the middle, while the kids marinate in the minors might make posters on this board feel good, but is pure poison to people who actually buy tickets.

Load up with all of 'em. Hughes, Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlen, Juolevi and Demko. What's the worst that can happen? They flop and then get sent to the minors. It's not as if the Canucks aren't a bad lottery team again anyway.
All those shiny new toys just waiting to be opened.

Last edited:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
He showed up not in game shape and wasn't anywhere near good enough for too many games. Gifting icetime guys like Tryamkin is a surefire way to end up with a team full of entitled floaters. I for one don't want him back under any circumstances unless he comes back completely transformed which is very unlikely. Trade his rights for a guy who cares...

Cares..? Get a GM that cares.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
You need to look up the definition for the word 'potential'...

Canucks own Tryamkin's rights. Tryamkin cited ice time as an issue with the team, and the Canucks have since fired WD who was responsible for that decision. Tryamkin has stated he still follows the team and might return to the NHL in the future.

Is it likely that Tryamkin returns as a Canuck? No. Is it within the realm of possibilities? Yes.

This year? Absolutely not, he's signed until 2020 in the KHL and has said he's going to play out the contract.

So if he does return it won't be for at least 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad