Recalled/Assigned: Adam Gaudette called up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Adam Gaudette for Dante Fabbro......would you do it?

Don’t get me wrong - I love Gaudette, but Fabbro would serve a much bigger need for us. I think this deal would be fair in terms of value. We also have Madden coming up through the system now. What do you guys think?

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

Don’t get me wrong - I love Gaudette, but Fabbro would serve a much bigger need for us. I think this deal would be fair in terms of value. We also have Madden coming up through the system now. What do you guys think?

I would rather not but it's fine.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think Gaudette can increase his value by playing more with the Canucks. I would wait a little bit before moving him.

I think if Nashville is moving Fabbro, they'll want scoring help this season.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No he hasn't..

Then yikes Pettersson is being saddled with a player who isn't yet able to carry his own weight offensively.

At least Leivo and Goldobin have shown offense at this level and have mature skills able to help a line. Adding Gaudette to Pettersson and Boeser only hurts that line until Gaudette fully adjusts to the NHL level.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonnyNucker

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

That's a hard one. I think I do it.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Then yikes Pettersson is being saddled with a player who isn't yet able to carry his own weight offensively.

At least Leivo and Goldobin have shown offense at this level and have mature skills able to help a line. Adding Gaudette to Pettersson and Boeser only hurts that line until Gaudette fully adjusts to the NHL level.
Not necessarily. Gaudette has proven to be very effective in a high skill roll with offensive players, vs being in a 3rd line role. However I would not put Pettersson at wing at this point. Serves no purpose, specifically when we need a legit 3rd line centre.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Sutter has the injury...groin issue..Thats probably why he's been looking pretty laboured in his skating...Like Baertschi,Sutter never seems to be able to shake the injury bug.
Pretty crazy that Sutter never had an injury in the NHL before we acquired him. Anyways, could be addition by subtraction.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Pretty crazy that Sutter never had an injury in the NHL before we acquired him. Anyways, could be addition by subtraction.

Does seem to happen a lot with us. Wonder if travel is part of the equation. Or if playing on a bad team and spending more time in your zone has an impact. Though i felt like our injury luck stunk before we got JB’d too.

More than likely it’s nothing but bad luck (whether real or imagined i have no idea)

Reactions: travis scott

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Does seem to happen a lot with us. Wonder if travel is part of the equation. Or if playing on a bad team and spending more time in your zone has an impact. Though i felt like our injury luck stunk before we got JB’d too.

More than likely it’s nothing but bad luck (whether real or imagined i have no idea)
All of the above plus a crappy medical staff.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Quit sending him back to Utica. He can stay, he is ready.

Gaudette > Sutter
They only sent him back because he was the only player eligible to be sent down to the AHL when the Canucks roster was full and players were coming off the IR. He is a de facto Canuck roster player even when he is playing for Utica.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?

It was something Gillis tried to be proactive about with appealing to changes in the NHL schedule and professional medical advice to try and help players rest and recover at their highest rates. All in an attempt to stave off injuries.

...doesn't seem like Benning has done much in that regard at all though, from what I hear?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I couldn’t be more proud of Adam Gaudette.

He’s living proof that the cream will rise to the top, and that Utica is building up guys the right way. So interesting how JD Burke and Canucks army absolutely rip on Utica for supposedly not developing players properly, and yet guys like Baertschi, Markstrom, and now Gaudette all made it.

1) Build a competitive and winning environment on the farm. Let the kids be in said environment.
2) Let the kids earn their spots. Don’t just gift it to them.
3) Advanced Analytics aren’t the key to life and sometimes.....just sometimes, coaches know what they’re actually doing. Advanced stats + years of coaching experience = optimal results.
4) Let the cream rise to the top. Gaudette deserves to be here now. For good.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
They only sent him back because he was the only player eligible to be sent down to the AHL when the Canucks roster was full and players were coming off the IR. He is a de facto Canuck roster player even when he is playing for Utica.

But I thought we will make room if young kids are ready.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I couldn’t be more proud of Adam Gaudette.

He’s living proof that the cream will rise to the top, and that Utica is building up guys the right way. So interesting how JD Burke and Canucks army absolutely rip on Utica for supposedly not developing players properly, and yet guys like Baertschi, Markstrom, and now Gaudette all made it.

1) Build a competitive and winning environment on the farm. Let the kids be in said environment.
2) Let the kids earn their spots. Don’t just gift it to them.
3) Advanced Analytics aren’t the key to life and sometimes.....just sometimes, coaches know what they’re actually doing. Advanced stats + years of coaching experience = optimal results.
4) Let the cream rise to the top. Gaudette deserves to be here now. For good.

Interested in how you feel Utica compares to other AHL teams in this regard?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

I don't think Nashville goes for it. I think I would draft another D and keep Gaudette though. Would rather find a way to trade Sutter instead

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Interested in how you feel Utica compares to other AHL teams in this regard?

Honestly, I have no idea.

All I know is that I see guys like Demko, Gaudette, and even someone like Goldobin coming through the ranks and getting opportunities, while an idiot savant like JD Burke just buries Utica and everything they’ve accomplished.

Adam freakin Gaudette. What a story eh?

The guy goes down to Utica, does exactly what’s asked of him, thrives in said role, and is now poised and ready to be here forever.

I honestly don’t know what other organizations are doing, but I love the philosophy of our system. Have a competitive environment, earn your spot, work hard, and good things will happen. No gifting of spots, no entitlement mentality. Period. Cream will rise no matter what.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Honestly, I have no idea.

All I know is that I see guys like Demko, Gaudette, and even someone like Goldobin coming through the ranks and getting opportunities, while an idiot savant like JD Burke just buries Utica and everything they’ve accomplished.

Adam freakin Gaudette. What a story eh?

The guy goes down to Utica, does exactly what’s asked of him, thrives in said role, and is now poised and ready to be here forever.

I honestly don’t know what other organizations are doing, but I love the philosophy of system. Have a competitive environment, earn your spot, work hard, and got things will happen. No gifting of spots, no entitlement mentality. Period.

Yeah but is it better or worse than other AHL teams, that is what matters.

Benning is a master genious superstar draft machine. If all you are getting is Jake Virtanen from Utica, something isnt right. Either Jim isnt the draft genious he is supposed to be or Utics isnt actually developing NHL players.

The philosophy in Utica is that the young guys are not playing hockey right now.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Yeah but is it better or worse than other AHL teams, that is what matters.

Benning is a master genious superstar draft machine. If all you are getting is Jake Virtanen from Utica, something isnt right. Either Jim isnt the draft genious he is supposed to be or Utics isnt actually developing NHL players.

The philosophy in Utica is that the young guys are not playing hockey right now.

It’s not just Virtanen though. Markstrom, Baertschi, Demko, and now Gaudette have all come through the system. We’ll see who else comes over these next few years.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I don't think Nashville goes for it. I think I would draft another D and keep Gaudette though. Would rather find a way to trade Sutter instead

But what about the Foundation?

Sutter should have been traded before the season. Even if they planned to trade him at the deadline that's out the window now.

Hopefully he's traded at the draft at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad