Not open for further replies.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Who got injured now?
IMG_0303.PNG

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Probably to play centre in place of Sutter. Granlund on the wing and Goldobin scratched for MacEwen would be my guess.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pretty clear now that the only bottleneck for Gaudette to be full time NHLer is Sutter.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Sutter has the injury...groin issue..Thats probably why he's been looking pretty laboured in his skating...Like Baertschi,Sutter never seems to be able to shake the injury bug.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Gaudette performs, could this be 'it for Sutter in a Canucks uni? If he comes off the injured list before the TDL then Benning really needs to be beating the trade bushes. And even if he doesn't, unless the Canucks are knocking on the playoff door, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to play him over Gaudette who's an important future piece.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
If Gaudette performs, could this be 'it for Sutter in a Canucks uni? If he comes off the injured list before the TDL then Benning really needs to be beating the trade bushes. And even if he doesn't, unless the Canucks are knocking on the playoff door, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to play him over Gaudette who's an important future piece.
Hoping so.
In
Gaudette
MacEwen

Out
Sutter
Schaller

Younger AND better. Sutter just hasn't been good since he last came off injury. It will be interesting to see if his current situation is the same injury...

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Great news, the Sutter injury is perfect!
Now they just need to kick Eriksson down a flight of stairs so Dahlen can come up

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm not at all sold on Gaudette...BUT he should be up to stay (same with MacEwen). Sutter should have played his last game as a canuck. That's too hopeful but I can dream. And I know that really hurts the Comets to keep those two up but I'm sure Schaller and Granlund can make hay in the AHL.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
They should just bit the bullet with Schaller and put him on waivers. With his contract and term he'd clear for sure. At least he could be helping Utica.

You also hope that maybe Jimbo can swing a minor deal at the deadline to help the Comets at the very least.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They should just bit the bullet with Schaller and put him on waivers. With his contract and term he'd clear for sure. At least he could be helping Utica.

You also hope that maybe Jimbo can swing a minor deal at the deadline to help the Comets at the very least.

I'd say try to trade him for an AHL player, but as his salary that likely doesn't happen unless we retain and I'd rather we not. So waive away, help the Comets and save some cap.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Glad Gaudette got recalled, he should be in the lineup over Sutter! Like a previous poster mentioned he’s younger AND better. Dahlen over Eriksson, MacKewen over Granlund, Gaunce over Schaller. Brisebois, Chatfield, Biega, Sautner, (anyone) over Gudbransson and Pouliot.

Younger and better players cannot get a chance with the big club; so much overpriced garbage on this roster.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Glad to see Gauds in the lineup. He is obviously NHL ready, just held out by the contract situation with Beagle / Sutter etc.

I don't think Sutter is tradeable.

His play has fallen off a cliff and he is constantly injured. Should have moved him at a previous trade deadline. Just like Tanev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad