Value of: Adam Fox (Canes)

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
Fox would have value, but not a lot right now as he is likely too far away from playing to squeeze a lot out of a team mid season. Maybe if Carolina is close they could use him in an acquisition from a non-playoff team, that would have some value, probably similar to a 2nd or late first, and maybe given their depth in D prospects, if they were close they would rather trade Fox than their own 1st.

I think what is more likely is they just plan to keep him, and if anything, there is as good a chance they are on the outside of the playoff picture, and they trade a RHD from their roster as there will be demand, and they have depth both in their line up and in their system. That will make Fox more valuable to Carolina than it will another team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This is Fox's third year at Harvard.
Right my bad. Saw on hockeydb he had stats for 2 years at Harvard. Thought the season had started for them thus the second stat line was for this year.

Then that does make this March or April a big one for what he plans to do.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
if you're fox why sign now instead of becoming a UFA?

If he waits til August of 2020 to become a ufa, he’ll be staring right into the next lockout. If he signs in 2019 after his junior year, he burns a year off of his ELC in the 2018-19 season and gets to RFA status quicker than the UFA option. He is prob is on the Canes 3rd pair for the 2019-20 NHL season.

If he’s determined to go to UFA in 2020, there’s nothing the Canes can do. If he’s serious about his stated desire to get to the NHL ASAP, right now CAR is his only option in the next 2 years.

Lots of ifs in there, all that has come out of the CAR side is that they’re extremely high on him and are confident he’ll sign in the spring. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If he waits til August of 2020 to become a ufa, he’ll be staring right into the next lockout. If he signs in 2019 after his junior year, he burns a year off of his ELC and gets to RFA status quicker than the UFA option. He is prob is on the Canes 3rd pair for the 2019-20 NHL season.

If there's a lockout, I'm not really sure if being a year into his contract really matters much in the scheme of things. I'd just as much assume that playing where he wants to play likely matters more to him than a potential lockout.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If he waits til August of 2020 to become a ufa, he’ll be staring right into the next lockout. If he signs in 2019 after his junior year, he burns a year off of his ELC in the 2018-19 season and gets to RFA status quicker than the UFA option. He is prob is on the Canes 3rd pair for the 2019-20 NHL season.

If he’s determined to go to UFA in 2020, there’s nothing the Canes can do. If he’s serious about his stated desire to get to the NHL ASAP, right now CAR is his only option in the next 2 years.

Lots of ifs in there, all that has come out of the CAR side is that they’re extremely high on him and are confident he’ll sign in the spring. We’ll just have to wait and see.

It is unknown, granted, that Fox is IMMEDIATELY able to jump directly to NHL [today] given the chance. In another thread, someone said they expected Fox viewed as a borderline NHL guy TODAY if he chose to suit up.

Given that, I am sure if a reasonable deal could be worked out promptly he could be playing in NHL sooner than later.

And Canes are least likely to do that on a pivot given their depth.

Rangers, OTOH, just need to trade DeA or Pionk and sit McQ.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
His value is directly linked to his willingness to sign. So who the hell knows what he's worth.

Probably not a lot.

Agreed. Top six forwards or prospects that people are claiming his value equates to is nonsense.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
It is unknown, granted, that Fox is IMMEDIATELY able to jump directly to NHL [today] given the chance. In another thread, someone said they expected Fox viewed as a borderline NHL guy TODAY if he chose to suit up.

Given that, I am sure if a reasonable deal could be worked out promptly he could be playing in NHL sooner than later.

And Canes are least likely to do that on a pivot given their depth.

Rangers, OTOH, just need to trade DeA or Pionk and sit McQ.

I think they should sit McQuaid, bench or buy out Staal and play both ADA and Pionk. This is after all a rebuild.
Play the young guys to see what you have, they know what Staal is and moving forward there is little value to play him over the kids.

No to moving Buchnevich in any deal, let alone for Fox. I would not trade a top line player for a ?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

thought he was UFA this next off season my bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad