Speculation: Adam Fox and Michael Stone on the trading block?

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
He just finished his second year...
My mistake. After reading a couple more sights you are right he is still a Junior. Still, a guy of that Talent almost always stays 2 years. Unless they are late bloomers. Which certainly is not. I do not get the motivation at all. I could see if they were a good program that was going to win. Or another year might make him be more likely to get the max ELC performance bonuses. But he is going to get that now if he wanted. It can't be about his education. He can finish that up in the summer or at a later date.

Brock Demko Macavoy Keller Casy all signed within 2 years. Flame fans I honestly do not say this just to hate. I think he is just one of the few who would rather play somewhere else. thank god for the new rules coming into effect. The flames have invested a lot of time and a pick in this kid. If he snubs them what a dick. If that is his intent to tell them now. Let them get something back for him. Might not be great, butlike I said. Take Hutton and Stecher Hell even throw in Chatfield. In fact, you can have all 3 for free if you want. My Canucks fan consider Stech and Hutton as offensive D They had one goal between them last year.

I don't know how your fan base reacts. But when Brock Demko didn't sign after their freshman year CDC had to shut down.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Crappier source than Freidman, but apparantely Fox isn't available but Hamonic is.

Makes sense, Fox will be good, Calgary can afford to move a RHD so Stone or Hamonic going makes sense

Seems weird that they'd trade Hamonic after the price they ended up paying for him.
Calgary thought they were giving a late 1st and 2nd but it ended up being a mid/high 1st and 2nd. Unfortunately, they'll have to roll the dice again and potential take a bath by accepting a 20+1st and a 50+ 2nd.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He honestly reminds me of Ghost a lot though. 5 on 5 I think he’ll be kinda mediocre 3rd pair guy. But come PP time he’s going to be a top 5 guy IMO.

And then I look at our D, Brodie, Giordano, Hamilton, Andersson, and Valimaki are all great D but they are better 5 on 5/pk. We need a true PP QB.
But that doesn't describe Ghost. Ghost played half the year on the top pairing against top lines and was top 10 in Norris voting.

You are correct on the PP stuff...Ghost is top 5.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
My mistake. After reading a couple more sights you are right he is still a Junior. Still, a guy of that Talent almost always stays 2 years. Unless they are late bloomers. Which certainly is not. I do not get the motivation at all. I could see if they were a good program that was going to win. Or another year might make him be more likely to get the max ELC performance bonuses. But he is going to get that now if he wanted. It can't be about his education. He can finish that up in the summer or at a later date.

Brock Demko Macavoy Keller Casy JH all signed within 2 years. Flame fans I honestly do not say this just to hate. I think he is just one of the few who would rather play somewhere else. thank god for the new rules coming into effect. The flames have invested a lot of time and a pick in this kid. If he snubs them what a dick. If that is his intent to tell them now. Let them get something back for him. Might not be great, butlike I said. Take Hutton and Stecher Hell even throw in Chatfield. In fact, you can have all 3 for free if you want. My Canucks fan consider Stech and Hutton as offensive D They had one goal between them last year.

I don't know how your fan base reacts. But when Brock Demko didn't sign after their freshman year CDC had to shut down.

He's in Harvard. Going 2 years would be a waste. Go 3 years and take the last year during the summers. Pretty much what Gaudreau did. Jankowski did the whole 4.

Rumors out now that Fox isn't for sale so can't say I'm overly worried. The kids small and isn't all that great at defense right now. He's two or three years away from the NHL regardless of what he does next year.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
You have made it abundantly clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. He just finished his second year at a decent hockey school which also happens to be harvard, even if he goes back for his senior year a lot of people would put a high price on getting a full degree from harvard before turning pro. Hutton and stetcher or both does not get you his hockey stick.

The fact that you think a player not signing after his second college year is a guarantee he has said he won't play for calgary is asinine. Stop speaking as if you have any knowledge about his intentions, you are insinuating something out of nothing at all.[/QUOTHey spazz case. ever heard of a joke? I already apologized for receiving the wrong info. As for Stech sand Hutton, I was actually joking if you bothered to read my post directly below it. I guess I hit a soft spot huh? How many Players of his caliber spend their J year in college. Well, let's pick 5 of the top of my head. Brock Demko Keller Mcavoy Casy Lets add a few more JH Brady this year as well as Quinn Hughes
Now lets see about the ones who played into there J year and beyond Vessey, Butcher Both left the team that drafted them.

You are the one who has no hockey knowledge. Just like your dumb ass Gm. Would you rather lose him for nothing then get back a guy like Stecher or a 3rd round pick? that is some great asset management. No wonder you guys have what 5 picks in the 1st? and 5 in the 2nd What a tool

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013

Brock Demko Macavoy Keller Casy JH all signed within 2 years. Flame fans I honestly do not say this just to hate. I think he is just one of the few who would rather play somewhere else. thank god for the new rules coming into effect. The flames have invested a lot of time and a pick in this kid. If he snubs them what a dick. If that is his intent to tell them now. Let them get something back for him. Might not be great, butlike I said. Take Hutton and Stecher Hell even throw in Chatfield. In fact, you can have all 3 for free if you want. My Canucks fan consider Stech and Hutton as offensive D They had one goal between them last year.

I get what you're saying. You should have seen Calgary fans when Gaudreau went back for his third year, and to a lesser extent Jankowski for his fourth. But we know how that turned out

In not concerned because Calgary seems to be pretty plugged in to their college guys, mostly Conroy's work iirc. Hickey being a good example and he got traded (twice now) so if Calgary wants to keep Fox they have some sort of confidence

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Would love for Fox to come home to Long Island. He's a high school friend of my son.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
He's in Harvard. Going 2 years would be a waste. Go 3 years and take the last year during the summers. Pretty much what Gaudreau did. Jankowski did the whole 4.

Rumors out now that Fox isn't for sale so can't say I'm overly worried. The kids small and isn't all that great at defense right now. He's two or three years away from the NHL regardless of what he does next year.
My whole point was very simple. Elit college player al; most never make it past their Sophmore year They can always go back and finish school. If a team is offering you basically 3 mill over the ELC not to mention guys like Fox will get every performance bonus there is. Please tell me why you would risk a career-threatening injury or regress? Especially if your team is one of the worst hockey schools in the nation. Janks stayed 4 years because of it was no secret the flames never offered him A contract. You think Fox is 3-4 years away? Id sat 2 You get him in the AHL and you have your staff coach him against pros.
What in the hell is another year in College going to do? Hey, kid here's 3 mikll plus a chance to earn 2 mill a year in bonuses. The kid could retire after that and go back to Harvard. Why don't you just face facts. At the very least he is on the fence. Worst case he has already decided the flames are not for him. Cuz ya a 20-year-old is going to turn down millions. all the while burying his ELC quicker so he will get one more contract over his career.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Did you even read the post above yours where i admitted my mistake that he wasn't a senior? read up then read down. Maybe you will learn a few things

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014

Typical arrogant Flames fan. Did I once put you down? Instead of having a hockey convo you just insult me. Grow up. Do some research. You might learn a few things boy.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
My whole point was very simple. Elit college player al; most never make it past their Sophmore year They can always go back and finish school. If a team is offering you basically 3 mill over the ELC not to mention guys like Fox will get every performance bonus there is. Please tell me why you would risk a career-threatening injury or regress? Especially if your team is one of the worst hockey schools in the nation. Janks stayed 4 years because of it was no secret the flames never offered him A contract. You think Fox is 3-4 years away? Id sat 2 You get him in the AHL and you have your staff coach him against pros.
What in the hell is another year in College going to do? Hey, kid here's 3 mikll plus a chance to earn 2 mill a year in bonuses. The kid could retire after that and go back to Harvard. Why don't you just face facts. At the very least he is on the fence. Worst case he has already decided the flames are not for him. Cuz ya a 20-year-old is going to turn down millions. all the while burying his ELC quicker so he will get one more contract over his career.

He's not ready for the NHL. He'd be in the AHL making $60,000 a year. His scholarship is worth more than that and if he waits he can sign a 2 year ELC instead of 3. He's going to get a Harvard education and work on his skating.

Like where are these facts coming from haha? God you would have had a nervous breakdown when Johnny went back for his 3rd year if you were a Calgary fan.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Typical arrogant Flames fan. Did I once put you down? Instead of having a hockey convo you just insult me. Grow up. Do some research. You might learn a few things boy.
Tell me this. If the Flames and boy have they tried could have signed him last April. Would the AHL not be a much better place to learn defense? Dude, you're floating down the Bow river without a paddle. Yore starting to sound like an Oilers fan. No Hockey Knowledge Yet will argue about something that never needed to be one.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Tell me this. If the Flames and boy have they tried could have signed him last April. Would the AHL not be a much better place to learn defense? Dude, you're floating down the Bow river without a paddle. Yore starting to sound like an Oilers fan. No Hockey Knowledge Yet will argue about something that never needed to be one.

Are you drunk haha, I don't even know what you are upset about

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Are you drunk haha, I don't even know what you are upset about
Again I just posted a reply apologizing. You seem like a decent dude If that were me getting bitched at for something you didn't do I would have been more of a dick. So once again sorry. Hope it works out with Fox Cheers.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
See very little chance that Stone is on the Flames roster come September. Actually think he might have more value than you would expect. Would definitely be happy with a 2nd round pick or a 3rd and maybe a promising winger prospect. He's only a couple years removed from playing top pairing minutes and having a 36pt year in AZ. PKs pretty well and has the big shot from the point. Quite physical down low and in front of the net. Could do worse for a mid pairing dman at an AAV of 3.5. Think he could do well paired with a skating PMD, like say Jake Gardiner. Flaws are he's slow and doesn't hold either blue line particularly well. Would put his first pass at an average rating.

Unless it's part of a package for a player like Kreider, Zuccarello, or Kevin Hayes I wouldn't move Fox at all. Like him to have the highest ceiling out of what is a really strong group of D prospects. Fantastic poise with the puck for a player his age, very smart defender, really believe this is going to be the type of player that the positional preference starts shifting towards. Just because he wants to go back to school at Harvard doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't want to play for the Calgary Flames. There's not exactly room on the roster currently so it just makes sense he would stay where he's most comfortable and has enjoyed the most success in his athletic career so far. If it does end up he wants to exercise his option to go to FA the Flames would trade his negotiating rights closer to that time, when their value would be the highest.

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
Hey spazz case. ever heard of a joke? I already apologized for receiving the wrong info. As for Stech sand Hutton, I was actually joking if you bothered to read my post directly below it. I guess I hit a soft spot huh? How many Players of his caliber spend their J year in college. Well, let's pick 5 of the top of my head. Brock Demko Keller Mcavoy Casy Lets add a few more JH Brady this year as well as Quinn Hughes
Now lets see about the ones who played into there J year and beyond Vessey, Butcher Both left the team that drafted them.

You are the one who has no hockey knowledge. Just like your dumb ass Gm. Would you rather lose him for nothing then get back a guy like Stecher or a 3rd round pick? that is some great asset management. No wonder you guys have what 5 picks in the 1st? and 5 in the 2nd What a tool

A lot of players spend their junior years in college, even more so when that college is HARVARD. Just because you cherry pick 5 players to fit your bizarre narrative does not make you right... I can cherry pick stats too but I actually rely on real information, not made up self believing drivel.

You literally got upset with people saying they cannot have a hockey conversation without insulting people then call me a spazz and call me a dumb ass/tool... take a good long look in the mirror before you act like a overreacting child.

Fox has WAY more value then stetcher and a 3rd round pick, I can understand you wishing that not to be true but again no one in their right mind would trade fox TODAY for such terrible value no matter how much you have to regurgitate it so that you can try and convince others... what you are saying is so far reached I have a hard time taking you seriously even after your major over reaction to a hockey discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->