Speculation: Adam Fox and Michael Stone on the trading block?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think Stone should return a third but if he comes with retention and combined with Fox, it could get Calgary back into the 1st round.

Fox is better than any prospect in this draft after the top ten guys. Why would we ADD him to Mike Stone and then get a late first... After about 14-15 this draft is terrible. Horrible asset management.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If we trade Stone it’s likely to try and recoup a pick in this years draft.
At this point Stone doesn’t carry a lot of value, he is a #5/#6 in Calgary, is making 3.5 per and isn’t the most fleet of foot Dman out there. If you’re thinking picks I don’t think you’re getting much. Maybe a collection of a 3rd this year and a 3/4 next year. I could be wrong but if Calgary is moving Stone they are looking to dump him so the price might be low

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Fox is better than any prospect in this draft after the top ten guys. Why would we ADD him to Mike Stone and then get a late first... After about 14-15 this draft is terrible. Horrible asset management.

It would be dependent on if he intended on signing with the Flames or not, which is a bit up in the air, no?

Reactions: scarbrow21

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Meh, I'd do it.

Might be overly prioritizing short term benefits but it would make me feel better haha. Might be mad in 3 years but that's the future's mesproblem.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I would like the Flyers to get Adam Fox in the system - they could use a RH with massive upside like his.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I would like the Flyers to get Adam Fox in the system - they could use a RH with massive upside like his.

He honestly reminds me of Ghost a lot though. 5 on 5 I think he’ll be kinda mediocre 3rd pair guy. But come PP time he’s going to be a top 5 guy IMO.

And then I look at our D, Brodie, Giordano, Hamilton, Andersson, and Valimaki are all great D but they are better 5 on 5/pk. We need a true PP QB.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Meh, I'd do it.

Might be overly prioritizing short term benefits but it would make me feel better haha. Might be mad in 3 years but that's the future's mesproblem.

It’s just this draft reeks of second round talents after about 15. Some great players will emerge. But I think this will be a bad draft overall.

Trading a player like Fox, who deserves to be in the discussion with Hughes and Boqvist as smaller elite puck moving D is a terrible decision. PP’s win games and he will be extremely valuable.

I think Fox and Girard were part of the last draft where small deferncemdn were undervalued as both guys clearly had first round talent.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
At this point Stone doesn’t carry a lot of value, he is a #5/#6 in Calgary, is making 3.5 per and isn’t the most fleet of foot Dman out there. If you’re thinking picks I don’t think you’re getting much. Maybe a collection of a 3rd this year and a 3/4 next year. I could be wrong but if Calgary is moving Stone they are looking to dump him so the price might be low

I don’t disagree, I think they would be targeting a 3rd round pick.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Nothing wrong with a third for Stone.

Anyone that needs a #4/#5 and PK help but doesn't want to pay out the ass should be interested.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Only way we trade Fox is if he told us he isn’t going to sign with us.

We lack a true PP QB and he will be one of the best in the league.

He is gonna be a good one. Extremely impressive at the WJC. I can't see him not becoming a good top-4 defenseman.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
You'd have to assume Fox would generate some real interest. I have no idea how to gauge what he would return though

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
He honestly reminds me of Ghost a lot though. 5 on 5 I think he’ll be kinda mediocre 3rd pair guy. But come PP time he’s going to be a top 5 guy IMO.

And then I look at our D, Brodie, Giordano, Hamilton, Andersson, and Valimaki are all great D but they are better 5 on 5/pk. We need a true PP QB.

I agree. I love Fox. That's why I want the Flyers to get him :)

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Only issue is fox isn't signed and may not sign and go the College FA route. So it's a gamble from CGYs perspective to not trade his rights because they are flush at RHD and Fox might feel he's got a better shot elsewhere at making a team and go that route. It's also a gamble to trade for his rights because he might do that to the team acquiring him anyways!

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
If it was a trade that included a top 6 RW I could see it happening. Price for Fox should be high though
Fox has little to no value. He has made it abundantly clear by playing his senior year at a terrible school for hockey that is not going to be in the Beanpot or frozen4. Shows he would rather risk injury for that chance to choose his team next year. Yes, the rules have changed but will be grandfathered in. Meaning he goes by the old system. If the flames can get a verbal commitment from him saying he will forgo this season then maybe they can trade him for a 3rd or another college player. As a canuck fan ill give you Stecher or Hutton or both. Don't expect anything of value for a kid who can just walk in 10 months to any team he wants If he wasn't to play now. Then like I said to expect a 3rd or a c level player coming back.

I feel for the flames. he is going to be very good. But think about it. What team will say ok here is a guy or a pick of fair value, when every team knows that 99% of college kids who don't sign by their sophmore or junior year end up walking. What Athelete is going to turn down 900.000 a year plus up to 2 mill in bonus to play for a team that is terrible and risk hurting himself?

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Crappier source than Freidman, but apparantely Fox isn't available but Hamonic is.

Makes sense, Fox will be good, Calgary can afford to move a RHD so Stone or Hamonic going makes sense

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Fox has little to no value. He has made it abundantly clear by playing his senior year at a terrible school for hockey that is not going to be in the Beanpot or frozen4. Shows he would rather risk injury for that chance to choose his team next year. Yes, the rules have changed but will be grandfathered in. Meaning he goes by the old system. If the flames can get a verbal commitment from him saying he will forgo this season then maybe they can trade him for a 3rd or another college player. As a canuck fan ill give you Stecher or Hutton or both. Don't expect anything of value for a kid who can just walk in 10 months to any team he wants If he wasn't to play now. Then like I said to expect a 3rd or a c level player coming back.

I feel for the flames. he is going to be very good. But think about it. What team will say ok here is a guy or a pick of fair value, when every team knows that 99% of college kids who don't sign by their sophmore or junior year end up walking. What Athelete is going to turn down 900.000 a year plus up to 2 mill in bonus to play for a team that is terrible and risk hurting himself?

He just finished his second year...

Reactions: snipetype

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

It depends on how many teams are interested. Only one team can have him, if there’s a handful of teams interested, no matter the circumstance, it’ll drive the price up. Having his rights a year early is still a very valuable asset, it could be the difference in him deciding to sign somewhere or not.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Crappier source than Freidman, but apparantely Fox isn't available but Hamonic is.

Makes sense, Fox will be good, Calgary can afford to move a RHD so Stone or Hamonic going makes sense

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: btimbit

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Would be odd to give up on Hammer so soon.. Would have to be a hell of a package to come out looking half ass decent.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
What would? Genuinely curious, I was just spitballing
Ask yourself this. Would you pat anything more then a 3rd or a c level prospect for a guy who has by not signing in his sophore or Junior year basically told calgary I will never be a flame. What teamwill pay for a contract, that doesn't even hold any value ATM? It,s like tram in Vancouver. If he were here under contractg based on his numbers and age he would fetch at the very least a mid 1st. His righs on the other hand are worthless maybe a 3rd or 4th or another college player in Foxes case. Or A Khl contracty in Trams case. Biggerst difference. Tram has already said he is coming back after his contract isup next season. He is also proven in a small sample size he is a top4at worst in the NHL. He had the best anylitics after Tanev. And was a stud the last 2 years in the KHL Points wise and top pairing minutes wise. Even so his contract is still pretty much worthless just like Fox.

Bando

Jun 24, 2016

You have made it abundantly clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. He just finished his second year at a decent hockey school which also happens to be harvard, even if he goes back for his senior year a lot of people would put a high price on getting a full degree from harvard before turning pro. Hutton and stetcher or both does not get you his hockey stick.

Ask yourself this. Would you pat anything more then a 3rd or a c level prospect for a guy who has by not signing in his sophore or Junior year basically told calgary I will never be a flame. What teamwill pay for a contract, that doesn't even hold any value ATM? It,s like tram in Vancouver. If he were here under contractg based on his numbers and age he would fetch at the very least a mid 1st. His righs on the other hand are worthless maybe a 3rd or 4th or another college player in Foxes case. Or A Khl contracty in Trams case. Biggerst difference. Tram has already said he is coming back after his contract isup next season. He is also proven in a small sample size he is a top4at worst in the NHL. He had the best anylitics after Tanev. And was a stud the last 2 years in the KHL Points wise and top pairing minutes wise. Even so his contract is still pretty much worthless just like Fox.

The fact that you think a player not signing after his second college year is a guarantee he has said he wont play for calgary is asinine. Stop speaking as if you have any knowledge about his intentions, you are insinuating something out of nothing at all.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
All these rumours aren't surprising, lots of teams want RHD and Calgary has lots of them. How long until we hear"Teams have talked to Calgary about Andersson"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad