Speculation: Adam Fox and Michael Stone on the trading block?

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
Tyler Max @akaRCN
Hockey. Hip-hop. Wrestling. Sports Radio. J-A-D-E-D C-Y-N-I-C-A-L S-A-R-C-A-S-T-I-C #Flames fan living in Oil Country. #Oilers Opinionist.

Seems legit

Reactions: Guerzy

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Tyler Max @akaRCN
Hockey. Hip-hop. Wrestling. Sports Radio. J-A-D-E-D C-Y-N-I-C-A-L S-A-R-C-A-S-T-I-C #Flames fan living in Oil Country. #Oilers Opinionist.

Seems legit

The tweet linked is just saying the same thing I heard on Sportsnet radio. It was Freidman that said it. Definitely legit

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Only way we trade Fox is if he told us he isn’t going to sign with us.

We lack a true PP QB and he will be one of the best in the league.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Only way we trade Fox is if he told us he isn’t going to sign with us.

We lack a true PP QB and he will be one of the best in the league.

If it was a trade that included a top 6 RW I could see it happening. Price for Fox should be high though

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
what would the cost on stone be?
Pageau?

But something with Smith too maybe? Although I'm not sure I like the idea, it jives with previous rumours.

How about if we're reuniting the Stone brothers the Sens trade Calgary Mark instead

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
If it was a trade that included a top 6 RW I could see it happening. Price for Fox should be high though
I agree, Fox will most likely be an impact player but he'll be in college for the next two years and we're supposed to be contending right now. If we can package him to get a top 6 RW now, we should do it. Think he has 1st round pick value at the moment. I'm pessimistic about him signing with us anyway but that's just me.

Stone is available for sure, Andersson and Kulak can handle 3rd pairing minutes.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Pageau?

But something with Smith too maybe? Although I'm not sure I like the idea, it jives with previous rumours.

How about if we're reuniting the Stone brothers the Sens trade Calgary Mark instead

That doesn’t sound right.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
it's pure speculation and Michael Stone possibly being moved is expected

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wonder if Calgary follows back up on the Zuccarello interest they had from the deadline

Rangers wanted one of the Calgary young D +

We shall see

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I want something to happen but I also don't because I'm 75% sure well lose whatever deal is made.

Reactions: ds4130

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I think Stone should return a third but if he comes with retention and combined with Fox, it could get Calgary back into the 1st round.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I think Stone should return a third but if he comes with retention and combined with Fox, it could get Calgary back into the 1st round.
My thoughts as well. I hope if this were to happen it would mean Fox wasn't going to sign with Calgary though because I prefer him to the late first round.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Because Treliving has made so many poor deal? C'mon dude. There is zero reason to think that negatively
I don't think he's ever been under the same amount of pressure he is now. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deal made we aren't happy with he's not infallible.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Fox and Stone have been the obvious two assets to move for months.

Fox has risk to him and just the most obvious defensive prospect to move. We got him for cheap initially.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
My thoughts as well. I hope if this were to happen it would mean Fox wasn't going to sign with Calgary though because I prefer him to the late first round.

Yeh I suspect the Flames had that talk with him before he decided to return to college and will move him if he didn't verbally commit to them.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't think he's ever been under the same amount of pressure he is now. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deal made we aren't happy with he's not infallible.

Not worried about a deal, he's been solid so far. I'm worried about overpaying a UFA

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Yeh I suspect the Flames had that talk with him before he decided to return to college and will move him if he didn't verbally commit to them.

Providing he wasn't intent on a specific team, I'd give #25 for Stone (@50) +the rights to Fox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad