Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This guy has awful production, hope he doesn't secure a spot just because he's big.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This guy has awful production, hope he doesn't secure a spot just because he's big.
I'm fine with giving him a chance to fight for a spot. Easy contract to bury if it doesn't work out. I just hope there's an actual fight for the spot instead of gifting it to him. I honestly expect Volkov or Joseph to beat him out for it, frankly.

Reactions: Master P

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'm fine with giving him a chance to fight for a spot. Easy contract to bury if it doesn't work out. I just hope there's an actual fight for the spot instead of gifting it to him. I honestly expect Volkov or Joseph to beat him out for it, frankly.

I know Volkov is the more recent draftee, but I kinda prefer him to Joseph. Probably not even for any rational reason. There was just something about him at the last two dev camps that seemed to stand out. :P

As you said, it would be good for Erne or any of our younger players to have to fight for a spot.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Baby hippo needs to stay healthy this year. Also take the hit instead of ducking and jacking up your groin, that was nasty.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He's got a profile we're dearly lacking on this team, too bad his production was so disappointing last year. Still a young guy tho, an effective Erne'd make Tampa less one-dimensional.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I think he turns it around this season. He's got the hockey IQ to do it and that's why YzerGod and Cooper like him.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i like him and he did well at lower levels hoping something there to shine through he will fight at the net and i think that is our biggest weakness.

i am the first cally hater probably but dont hate the man just wish he was more like simmonds a better beast to move around and scored more. If we can get that out of erne or anyone id be happy....

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Was a staunch defender of Erne almost from his first day in camp. Now, I am on the other side of the fence. Perhaps, an opportunity to play for for the "big club" will lead to his emergence as a legit power forward as his development at the AHL level has leveled out at "Disappointment" level. Yes, one could point the stick at his injuries as part of the problem, however, there is something more that is missing from his game. Hopefully, some of you folks in Tampa Bay can figure it out as I am at a loss to try and explain how a player who came in with so much hype can be so disappointing to a fan who "adores" power forwards such as myself.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Should slot into the 4th line with Kunitz gone.

Cally-Pac-Erne

Sounds about right. Unfortunately none of those three can stay healthy but if they somehow could I could see that line being very nasty to play against.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see one of our young centers make the roster in place of Conacher with the idea of hopefully giving us some more offense from the bottom six by either taking Paquette’s spot on the fourth line or by centering the third line and pushing Cirelli to the fourth. We all know Paquette is likely to miss a good chunk of the season anyway so it makes more sense to have a center as our reserve forward (assuming we go with eight defensemen again which is a distinct possibility) than a winger.

In a perfect world we could find the right linemates for Johnson to make him effective centering a scoring third line and replace him on the second with somebody like Volkov, but I’m not sure we have the right personnel for that at the moment.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
He is probably the heaviest forward we have on the bottom 6. I hope it works out.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Was a staunch defender of Erne almost from his first day in camp. Now, I am on the other side of the fence. Perhaps, an opportunity to play for for the "big club" will lead to his emergence as a legit power forward as his development at the AHL level has leveled out at "Disappointment" level. Yes, one could point the stick at his injuries as part of the problem, however, there is something more that is missing from his game. Hopefully, some of you folks in Tampa Bay can figure it out as I am at a loss to try and explain how a player who came in with so much hype can be so disappointing to a fan who "adores" power forwards such as myself.

It's the role he's in. Bottom line checking role isn't going to translate into a lot of offense and his linemates aren't all that creative either. As a checking liner, I think he's been fine, just injuries have stopped him from keeping his job.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
It's the role he's in. Bottom line checking role isn't going to translate into a lot of offense and his linemates aren't all that creative either. As a checking liner, I think he's been fine, just injuries have stopped him from keeping his job.
Hopefully he can get to be on the third line.
1st - Miller, Stamkos, Kucherov
2nd- Palat, Point, Kilhorn/Gourde
3rd- Erne/Callahan, Johnson , Kilhorn/Gourde
4th- Callahan/Erne, Pacquette, Andrehoff/Conacher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->