Adam Erne hit to the head of Jordan Weal

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
They showed a replay on the Wings feed and it does look like the elbow comes up but it was hard to tell if that was after the hit or not.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
2 games is my guess. Head was the principal point of contact from what I see.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
2nd clip makes it clear it wasn’t an elbow. Could see it going either way. Probably a game at most.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I personally don't think that one was as bad as Ehn had his head down skating pretty hard, and Folin didn't really move his arm, but I mean anyone is welcome to create a thread for that if they find it threadworthy...

I don’t think either is threadworthy but that was definitely more of an elbow than Erne’s.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kept his arm tucked, it looked worse at speed actually than when they showed the replay. I don't think anything comes in terms of discipline, I also don't think there is more discipline on the more classic elbow later in the game by Montreal which they did call a penalty on.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Why do people who make gifs post only 2 seconds. Show a little context on that clip and it doesnt look nearly as bad. People watching that will assume Erne was actually trying to hit Weal and not that the puck awkwardly changed direction and it was a bang bang play

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
This is one I wouldn't mind seeing go unpunished.. Weal kinda spins into him with his head down. Erne did overskate the puck so I don't think that helps his case, but kinda seemed like he was trying to read the play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad