Prospect Info: Adam Edström, C, 6th round, 161st overall, 2019

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This seems to follow in the Timmy Gettinger mold. These bigger guys are going to be a load to handle for opposing teams as teams load up on smaller defensemen.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
“What are your strengths?
- I am a very big player who is good at the pipes and would like to see me as a slightly more aggressive player. I can use my size to my advantage quite a lot, for example when it comes to covering the puck and in the physical game. Goalkeepers are well what I see myself as.
Sports director Chris Abbott describes his new acquisition:
- It is a great and physical player who is good at taking the puck to the goal. I myself have been and seen him and am impressed with what I have seen, said sports director Chris Abbott about Edström in an interview with HockeyNews.se the other day.”
Talangerna klara för Rögle: "Hur bra som helst"

Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
“What are your strengths?
- I am a very big player who is good at the pipes and would like to see me as a slightly more aggressive player. I can use my size to my advantage quite a lot, for example when it comes to covering the puck and in the physical game. Goalkeepers are well what I see myself as.
Sports director Chris Abbott describes his new acquisition:
- It is a great and physical player who is good at taking the puck to the goal. I myself have been and seen him and am impressed with what I have seen, said sports director Chris Abbott about Edström in an interview with HockeyNews.se the other day.”
Talangerna klara för Rögle: "Hur bra som helst"

Good at the pipes eh?

Good at singing?
Good at skateboarding or surfing?
Good at pipe organ?
Good at smoking?
Good at using pipes as percussion a la Blue Man Group?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Good at the pipes eh?

Good at singing?
Good at skateboarding or surfing?
Good at pipe organ?
Good at smoking?
Good at using pipes as percussion a la Blue Man Group?

Metal pipes was used when you built skates some 100+ years ago. Good on the pipes=good on the skates. ;)

upload_2019-6-30_2-15-53.jpeg

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
“Again, it’s two days worth of scrimmages, but center Adam Edstrom (6-6, 209), the sixth-rounder from last weekend’s draft, seems to move well for a gigantic man, and seems to have the puck on his stick a lot.”

Artemi Panarin's decision will sway the Rangers' direction
I’m envisioning a guy who can be a bottom 6 possession stud. Like a Chris Kreider/Rick Nash-lite hybrid. Just not sure if he’s more Kreider or Nash when it comes to his hands. I think that most big guys, when they are drafted that late (past rounds 4-5), aren’t very good skaters at all. But Edstrom is already pretty good for his size. Imagine he puts in a bit of work to make it a real strength. Man oh man. Monster.

Last edited:

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
He had two clear cut breakaways during the first period of yesterday’s scrimmage, from the center ice red line in, after turnovers by the blue squad. Shesterkin stopped him both times. For such a big guy, he can definitely skate. He was very noticeable out there yesterday.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
For me he’s def one of the more intriguing prospects we now have... his goal scoring numbers really stand out.. I’m just curious as to how he’s scoring these goals... already got a cup of coffee in the SEL this past year.... I’m looking forward to keeping an eye on him the next 2-4 years to see how he develops for sure

Reactions: Ola

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->