Adam Boqvist Appreciation Thread

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I watched this kid in London lots and he’s nothing like that player yet. Different leagues by a huge amount of course but he’s not asserting himself like he has his entire career up to this point. He hasn’t been shooting the puck or jumping into the play at all. That’s what makes him special. I hope they don’t neuter this part of his game. On the power play he just stands there and takes away his best attributes. I don’t understand it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I watched this kid in London lots and he’s nothing like that player yet. Different leagues by a huge amount of course but he’s not asserting himself like he has his entire career up to this point. He hasn’t been shooting the puck or jumping into the play at all. That’s what makes him special. I hope they don’t neuter this part of his game. On the power play he just stands there and takes away his best attributes. I don’t understand it.

He is very focused on playing a good defensive game first but we are starting to see him assert himself more each game.

The standing around on the PP is a Hawks issue not a Boqvist one.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Boqvist is playing way better now than he did in London. I was actually very disappointed after seeing him in the OHL and it was very discouraging. His play in the NHL has made me excited for him again.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Boqvist is playing way better now than he did in London. I was actually very disappointed after seeing him in the OHL and it was very discouraging. His play in the NHL has made me excited for him again.
Guess I’ve only caught 4 or 5 Hawks games. He was invisible last night against the Canucks. But ya that power play might be the worst powerplay I’ve ever seen. No puck support or player movement. Embarassing.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Guess I’ve only caught 4 or 5 Hawks games. He was invisible last night against the Canucks. But ya that power play might be the worst powerplay I’ve ever seen. No puck support or player movement. Embarassing.
It’s been ten years of this crap.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Weird, because I watched him a bunch and think the opposite, along with a few others here. He is the same player, minus the aggressiveness that he had in London. Once he gets that aggressiveness back in his game, watch out.

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
Boqvist in time will be a good fit with Keith on that top D pairing, if not already.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
My only worry is that his offensive game doesn’t develop because he is just changing his game to get by at the nhl level. I don’t see that happening right now and he’s not just getting by, just a concern

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
My only worry is that his offensive game doesn’t develop because he is just changing his game to get by at the nhl level. I don’t see that happening right now and he’s not just getting by, just a concern

I would agree but you can see him starting to push plays more and more. He is also jumping into the offensive zone more as well.

Reactions: tgh

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I can't find it, but someone asked Corey Pronman a few weeks ago if Boqvist's defensive play had changed his mind about his ceiling. Pronman said no, that Boqvist is going to be a very good top 4 D for a long time but probably won't be a top pairing guy.
As someone who thinks he's absolutely going to be a top pairing guy, that's disappointing. However, it's just one man's opinion and AB is still not even 20 years old yet.

In any event, it's making me wonder if I'm seeing what I want to see with him and I'm not actually being objective.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I can't find it, but someone asked Corey Pronman a few weeks ago if Boqvist's defensive play had changed his mind about his ceiling. Pronman said no, that Boqvist is going to be a very good top 4 D for a long time but probably won't be a top pairing guy.
As someone who thinks he's absolutely going to be a top pairing guy, that's disappointing. However, it's just one man's opinion and AB is still not even 20 years old yet.

In any event, it's making me wonder if I'm seeing what I want to see with him and I'm not actually being objective.

CP is also rated his skating low and has never been uber high on him so it is not a shock.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

I don’t really get this opinion because Boqvist focused way more on his defensive play than his offense all year. He was way better in his own zone than I thought he would be. We only go little tastes of what he’s truly going to be throughout the year. I could care less if he’s just average defensively (from what I saw I think he will be more than that) as long as we see some great plays like this.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t really get this opinion because Boqvist focused way more on his defensive play than his offense all year. He was way better in his own zone than I thought he would be. We only go little tastes of what he’s truly going to be throughout the year. I could care less if he’s just average defensively (from what I saw I think he will be more than that) as long as we see some great plays like this.

Maybe next year we can even see him make plays like that against real NHL teams. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->