OT: Depends Who You Ask Apocalypse - Off Topic Thread of Summer

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Got so deep in a playlist of music today that a Christmas song started playing while I was writing my thesis.

Islanders did a thing on twitter last night where you screenshot a picture of a player randomly and that is the player you quarantine with and could not stop thinking about how if @Bones45 did it he would get Bailey.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Got so deep in a playlist of music today that a Christmas song started playing while I was writing my thesis.

Islanders did a thing on twitter last night where you screenshot a picture of a player randomly and that is the player you quarantine with and could not stop thinking about how if @Bones45 did it he would get Bailey.

Would be the best thing for him -- and the team,,, really...

"So Joshua.. since we are here for quite awhile together -- perhaps you can tell me the long version of what happened to your heart"

Then wed move onto Shooting 101

and then finally -- "Passion, and why you need it in hockey" before we break for lunch on Day 1.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
No cars on the friggin road in NYC, but I managed to get rear ended on the Cross Island Parkway entrance ramp by a cop going to work. FML.

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
No cars on the friggin road in NYC, but I managed to get rear ended on the Cross Island Parkway entrance ramp by a cop going to work. FML.
That made me laugh out loud, thanks man.
Oh, and that sucks. :thumbd:

Reactions: MJF

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Would be the best thing for him -- and the team,,, really...

"So Joshua.. since we are here for quite awhile together -- perhaps you can tell me the long version of what happened to your heart"

Then wed move onto Shooting 101

and then finally -- "Passion, and why you need it in hockey" before we break for lunch on Day 1.

Guessing day 1 would end in him wrapping his chains around your neck and choking you out as he yells "Here's your f****ing passion".

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
For the sake of this joke, let's say there was a man named Johnnie that wore pajamas as a child. His friend's name was Lou.

Lou says to Johnnie: “Close your curtains the next time you're shagging your wife. The whole street was watching and laughing at you yesterday.”

Johnnie says: “Well the joke's on them stupid bastards, because I wasn't even home yesterday.”

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
This stay at home bullshit has been brutal for my daughter. She had her spring break last week and by the end of it, she was losing her god damn mind.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Man, I thought I drank a lot when I went out. Turns out I drink WAY MORE when I don't leave the house!

I also like the fact that around here people have pretty much adopted New Orleans rules...walking the dog? Grab a beer. Pushing the stroller around? Better pour a glass of wine. Walking to pick up take-out? That calls for liquor.

I hope that part sticks when this is all over.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

That's brutal.

Years ago I had a similar incident.

I was at a red light waiting to cross Amsterdam Avenue going to St. Luke's Hospital. The light turns green and I advance through the intersection. A cop then plows into my right front quarter panel. He then turns on his siren and directs me towards the side cross street. Fortunately my car was driveable.

He says to me "Why didn't you see my siren was on?" He says he's going to write me a ticket at which point I say "Just forget about it."

He got in his patrol car and left.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That's brutal.

Years ago I had a similar incident.

I was at a red light waiting to cross Amsterdam Avenue going to St. Luke's Hospital. The light turns green and I advance through the intersection. A cop then plows into my right front quarter panel. He then turns on his siren and directs me towards the side cross street. Fortunately my car was driveable.

He says to me "Why didn't you see my siren was on?" He says he's going to write me a ticket at which point I say "Just forget about it."

He got in his patrol car and left.
That’s even worse. You got hit by a patrol car. You’ll never get any satisfaction in that situation AND you’d have to file a claim against the city to get it.

At least (if you can say that) in my situation I got hit by an off duty cop on her way to work in her husband’s Grand Cherokee.

Reactions: The Real JT

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I tapped the rear of a Maryland transit bus one time at a toll merge. I was going maybe 2 mph and there was no mark on my white car from the black rubber bumper and certainly no mark on the bus's rubber bumper. Anyone else and I would've been back driving about 2 minutes later. Instead, three hours on the side of the highway going through a series of cops, inspectors, photographers, etc.. I was half expecting a helicopter to be flying overhead. Fortunately, the initial trooper, the transit cop and the final inspector were on my side and realized it was nothing. The bus driver at one point tried to pin a big rusty dent on the side of the bus on me (the inspector laughed). All it cost was a few hours, but I'd have gladly paid a $150 ticket and had the time back. :shakehead

Reactions: Merrrlin

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Broke down and got an XBox and NHL20.

The Isles are currently 2-2, just had 6 penalties called on us against Carolina and none called for, were massively out-shot, then gave up the tying goal with under a minute left and still won.

So basically this is the most realistic video game ever.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Can you put up Wizard of Oz tin man in a Bailey jersey holding a stick instead of an ax ?

Reactions: Bones45

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
There I was...having a great Spring....no Doshell around for weeks..then this happened to wreck it.

Damn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200430-152654_SiriusXM.jpg
    Screenshot_20200430-152654_SiriusXM.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Hogan Shannon

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
There I was...having a great Spring....no Doshell around for weeks..then this happened to wreck it.

Damn.
We should make a drinking game out of that. Every time a D and the D song is played on a classic Rock station, take a shot. Every time that album cover pops up on one of your feeds, take a shot.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Minnesota Wild is a very appropriate name right about now. So much so that Brock Nelson was spotted moving his stash to Wisconsin for safe keeping. Noticed the looters wearing full head coverings but not staying 6 feet apart. The cop n the video is in big big trouble. So much for Minnesota being a playoff hub.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Minnesota Wild is a very appropriate name right about now. So much so that Brock Nelson was spotted moving his stash to Wisconsin for safe keeping. Noticed the looters wearing full head coverings but not staying 6 feet apart. The cop n the video is in big big trouble. So much for Minnesota being a playoff hub.
Surreal. All going down less than 20 blocks from me. I can see and smell the smoke. The cop has just been arrested. Curfew will be imposed tonight. National Guard deployed and general said they have been authorized to use deadly force.

Another mass protest planned for later this afternoon. I fear that tonight will be even worse...

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Surreal. All going down less than 20 blocks from me. I can see and smell the smoke. The cop has just been arrested. Curfew will be imposed tonight. National Guard deployed and general said they have been authorized to use deadly force.

Another mass protest planned for later this afternoon. I fear that tonight will be even worse...

Stay safe out there. Last night about 8pm myself and the old ball and chain decide to take a nice walk to get out of the house . 2 blocks into the walk there is a 40 something dad on the sidewalk with no shirt on ( it wasn't hot ) yelling at a couple boys on bicycles to stay away from the couple girls standing on the sidewalk next to him . The curses back and forth were flying mostly from the dad looking dude. Today the sun is shining , I just went to visit my sister and give her a hug and tell her I love her . My neighbors sister died from corona virus and they never got to see her until after she past away. LGI

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad