Acrylic sheet w/ pledge for shooting pad?

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
I know plexiglass is what most people use but will an Acrylic sheet work just as well? Plexiglass isn't as ductile.

I know there are cheaper alternatives but will an acrylic sheet (*Not light panel*) work?

Thanks!!

dwreckm

Feb 2, 2012
Alaska
Does it really help with stick handling or is it hard to put skating and then the handling on this together?

It helped immensely with my stick handling! I didn't use a regular hockey puck on it though, I used a green biscuit and a stickhandling ball, since they seemed to move around easier and more closely simulate when a puck is doing on ice.

My only problem with it was the size, i had a 30"x60" sheet, which just wasn't big enough for me, and is why I went for the tiles. It's also good for shooting pucks off as well, and helped me with my slap/snap/wrist shots.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
Went to home depot in Canada today (Vancouver), couldnt find the thrifty white board had limited time and everyone was busy so i couldnt wait to ask.

I did find another white board which was 4x8 but didnt buy it.
Anyone pick one of these up in Canadia.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I used silicone lube. Just made my board today. It's the equivalent to the intermediate shooting pad out there, spent about $13 for the pad and a bottle of silicone spray. I've tried out hockey shooting pads out there, and I believe the homemade version simulates ice much better.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
How do you apply it? Just spray it on or spread it out

I sprayed very thoroughly and wiped it down. It dries fast. The surface now feels like a sheet of nice, clean ice. Again, the board should cost no more than $5 (2'x4'x1/4inch or 1/8inch).

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00