Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
It sure seems like Chim-Fehr-Ward is the second line right now, even if not officially listed that way. Time wise, I think Trotz just put Beagle on the third line. He can't really produce less than BL.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
More "cap space"? Punishment for breaking his leg doing something other than hockey?

Mike Vogel @VogsCaps
From what he told me, no. @Freedoooom Was the thing about Wilson getting injured skateboarding true?

I don't know, just seems stupid to make a rookie earn 10x less than what he already is if you believe he is going to be part of your long term future.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I don't know, just seems stupid to make a rookie earn 10x less than what he already is if you believe he is going to be part of your long term future.

I could see there being a rule against it. If waiver exempt there really is no reason to use the conditioning stint exemption from the collective owners point of view. They wouldn't want an owner paying more for a player they aren't usimg, just because they like him.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Trotz is the third consecutive coach who's liked Beagle. He must do something they like on film, or at the very least be one of the better players in practice.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Trotz is the third consecutive coach who's liked Beagle. He must do something they like on film, or at the very least be one of the better players in practice.

Yup. 100%.

Beagle is probably the consummate team guy. Does whatever rthe coach wants, doesn't ever complain about his role, and busts his ass all shift, every shift.

I am ok with him playing on a top 3 line. Let Trotz do his thing with the room, and all that.

He knows. We don't. Pretty "simple".

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I think there's a good chance Beagle goes to Bura's line simply because it is convenient at this point, not necessarily because of some special qualities of his. This way Trotz doesn't have to break up any lines, he can continue getting Kuz to learn center position, he can maintain the team grit level that he may strongly value, he can keep a veteran presence to help Bura along, he may want a more conservative lineup for the road trip, etc.

I doubt it means anything long term.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

This can apply to Laich and MJ as well. Only in their case its 4 consecutive coaches since BB loved them as well.

BB, Hunter, Oates and Trotz all have various levels of competence, experience, respect etc

Beagle was loved by Hunter due to his work ethic and that hasn't seemed to change with new coaches.

Laich was not only loved by all 4 coaches but now by 2 different GMs.

Sometimes there are things that happen on extensive film study and in the locker room that us fans just aren't privy to.

Then there are just differing opinions:

Erskine - BB was hot and cold on him, Hunter didn't like him, Oates loved him, Trotz is not a fan (altho he has a washed up version)

Schultz - BB liked him for the most part, Hunter used him and tried to change him for the better, Oates didn't like him

Even Ovechkin....Hunter didn't like him or rather didn't trust him.

But Beagle, Laich and MJ (and Brouwer for that matter) seem to all be in good graces for all those coaches and the GMs.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
My two cents on Beagle at 2RW

• With Laich out he only changes 1 line. Keeps his line foundations (pairs) intact. KISS.
  • Organization priority is to create centers. Kuz remains at C.
  • MJ and Bura need a board guy
  • Faceoffs. Bura can be extra aggressive in the dot. Win Win.
  • Maybe he and Bura randomly develop chemistry. It just happens in hock. But you have to try to find out.
  • He can change after 3 shifts if Beagle is lost.
  • Bura can bounce pucks off him for assists.
  • They are top secretly our 3rd line anyways. Beagle on the 3rd line, who cares.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Trotz has already said that Laich will be back after the road trip. This is for 3 road games. Then it reverts. Most seem that are unhappy with this are so because they want to see Kuz moved up.

Johansson-Bura-Kuz on the road with the other coach getting the last change.

Trotz has a plan B, he has said. I'd guess that means moving Fehr and not Kuz anyway.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia

• With Laich out he only changes 1 line. Keeps his line foundations (pairs) intact. KISS.
  • Maybe he and Bura randomly develop chemistry. It just happens in hock. But you have to try to find out.
  • They are top secretly our 3rd line anyways. Beagle on the 3rd line, who cares.

Beagle is a hard worker, I think he will do just fine. agree with these.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

all of this. Let's wait and see what happens.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

Early in the season I see this as the one that really matters. I would assume Trotz is hoping the team will develop some continuity as soon as possible and shuffling more lines than are needed over one injury doesn't help that. I'm sure if it doesn't work he'll be fine changing it up but until that happens why make more changes than are needed?

Makes perfect sense to me.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Actually, I am seeing Bura and Johansson scoring 3 goals in one of these 3 games and beagle bagging 3 assists. wouldn't that stir the pot.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Actually, I am seeing Bura and Johansson scoring 3 goals in one of these 3 games and beagle bagging 3 assists. wouldn't that stir the pot.

Especially when Wilson is ready. And I really like Brown and Latta. O'Brien can go down but we'd still be Forward heavy. Good problems to have.

Halpysback*

Yeah, and one of these assists he banks in off of Mike Green's head, concussing Green and knocking him out for the season. Then Trotz puts Beagle in at 3RD, Beagle runs with it and ends the year with a Norris. Wouldn't that be a hoot eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->