artilector

Jan 11, 2006
@ Langway from the other thread

Fixing the forwards:

Trade Laich for a pick
Trade Chimera for a pick
Trade Green's rights for a 2nd
Trade Brouwer for a 1st
Either re-sign Johansson for a year or trade him for picks.
Let Glencross, Ward, Beagle, and maybe Fehr walk.

Ovie-Backstrom-Acquisition
Acquisition/Johansson-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky
Acquisition-Fehr/Acqusition-Wilson
Galiev-Latta-Acquisition

There's cap space, assets and roster spots available if McLellan has the stomach to do it.

Right on.

Laich, Chimera, Glencross - don't see a fit at all (Glenx won't want to come back cheap to play bottom 6 duty anyway)

Mojo, Green, Fehr, Beagle - only if they are willing to re-sign for something (very) cheap compared to expectations. Would definitely deal Mojo if some other team thinks highly of him.

Ward - I'd be on the fence, he's still one of the Caps' best cyclers in playoffs, and thats a component that's lacking. Short-term deal at same salary would be ok?

Brouwer - I think I'd be ok with any scenario, except him playing in top 6. If they need to let him go to make space, fine. If sbdy pushes him down to 3rd line and he plays out his last year there, fine. If gets kept to plug a hole and then dealt at the deadline, fine.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Mojo showed himself in the good way. 4M seems more and more reasonable. And there is not much to get from UFA market.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Then hopefully there are teams that think highly of him :)

You better hope both camps have seriously different valuations for the player and are prepared to play hardball during negotiations as that is the only way you aren't going to see Johansson in a Caps jersey next season.

The haters are going to be very seriously disappointed IMO...

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Saw an article today that the Oilers will probably looking to trade one of their young forwards now that they're likely going to draft Connor McDavid. Do they have forwards who could help our team? Taylor Hall? Ryan N-H? Nail Yakupov? Oilers are looking for a blue-chip goalie, so Grubbauer+ might be of interest to them.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Saw an article today that the Oilers will probably looking to trade one of their young forwards now that they're likely going to draft Connor McDavid. Do they have forwards who could help our team? Taylor Hall? Ryan N-H? Nail Yakupov? Oilers are looking for a blue-chip goalie, so Grubbauer+ might be of interest to them.

Not going to happen unless MacTavish loses control entirely (new GM?). At the end of the season he reportedly told RNH, Hall and Eberle not to believe the trade rumors surrounding them.

He didn't mention Yakupov there but he was just resigned so that tells me they aren't too eager to trade him either.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Grubauer doesn't even get the conversation started for any of those players. They'd be asking for Holtby.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010

I'd imagine they'd want a young Dman like Alzner. Non-starter from our end.

If they value Bowey and Orlov highly it could be interesting.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Fixing the forwards:

Trade Laich for a pick
Trade Chimera for a pick
Trade Brouwer for a 1st

Galiev-Latta-Acquisition

There's cap space, assets and roster spots available if McLellan has the stomach to do it.

I'm on board with this. I was hoping Glencross would get more of a chance, but it appears he wasn't a fit. Lots of money gone with these moves and a more youthful infusion. I like the future a bit more with this team. Chances are, they won't move or let all of those walk.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Grubauer doesn't even get the conversation started for any of those players. They'd be asking for Holtby.

Can you think of a team that would trade their Holtby?

as for the question on what it would take....I would think first the Capitals would have to want to trade him and that seems unlikely at best.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
You better hope both camps have seriously different valuations for the player and are prepared to play hardball during negotiations as that is the only way you aren't going to see Johansson in a Caps jersey next season.

The haters are going to be very seriously disappointed IMO...

Hah, yeah probably. But wouldn't exactly be the first time the Caps throw money at a homegrown player, so I think my level of disappointment will disappoint you :)

Well, there's always the hope that he continues to develop into Zetterberg-light -- right along side our Datsyuk-light.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Can you think of a team that would trade their Holtby?

as for the question on what it would take....I would think first the Capitals would have to want to trade him and that seems unlikely at best.

Holtby for McDavid. Would you do it? Considering we've got Grubs, yeah, I would.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
The Oilers are not trading McDavid, and if they were, Holtby would not be the winning bid.

What if Holtby takes the Caps deep into the playoffs this year. At that point you'd have to consider him a franchise goalie, which is exactly what Edmonton wants.

But you're right, considering that the value of McDavid is not just his skills as a player, but his potential as a draw in Edmonton (kind of like what OV is here), no way on earth they trade him (unless its for a Lindros-like ransom)

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland

Fixing the forwards:

Trade Laich for a pick
Trade Chimera for a pick
Trade Brouwer for a 1st

Galiev-Latta-Acquisition
Very fun to

There's also Erskine and Gleason which makes it 11, but they're carrying to many players now anyway I guess so there will be some departures more then usual.

Laich's contract is an anchor, so will Green's be if he's brought back.

Fehr and Beagle have outperformed their current ones and will likely receive market value (~3M and <1,5M depending on length) and I wouldn't mind bringing them both back.

Ward brings an element in terms of cycling and board work this team lacks, but he's slowing down so I'm very hesitant about bringing him back.

I've never grasped what role Johansson has/what level he might reach, but I doubt Caps can afford paying him ~4M to figure out.

Chimera seems to be a great lockerroom presence, but beside his speed there isn't much else he brings then a cheap 4th liner would do.

Kuznetsov is going to be a really special player, but I'm not necessary sold on him as a center. His face offs and strength is my area of concern.

I think Wilson needs to have a great off season to work on his foot speed + stick handling if he wants a bigger role then his current one. I wish he would have been allowed to develop at the right pace in the juniors/minors before being rushed to goon it up in the big league. I think the Caps need to be really careful and firm about where his development is heading right now.

GlenX (unless he's fine with <3M and playing 3LW), Gleason, Erskine, Green should be let go.

A decision between Fehr and Brouwer who stays and leaves needs to be made (one of them should play 3RW IMO. Fehr's injury is a concern but he'll probably be cheaper and is more versatile then TBro).

--------

Target Thornton, persuade him to waive his NMC, have him center AO. Offer Johansson, Carrick and 2nd 2016. (Spezza cost Dallas Chiasson, a 2nd and to B-prospects)

Offer Chimera to the Blues (they showed interest at the deadline) for Sobotka who has 1 yr left @ 2,7M.

Toronto's rebuild will require some character players and won't have a problem taking on bigger contracts for some compensation. Laich, Schmidt and Buffalo's 3rd might be acceptable for Leo Komarov and Roman Polak (in the scenario where GlenX doesn't re-sign).

If they elect for Fehr to stay, Brouwer gets moved for a pick.

Ovechkin-Thornton-Burakovsky 17 182 629
Kuznetsov-Backstrom-Wilson 9 594 167*
Komarov-Sobotka-Fehr (Brouwer) 8 675 000* (9 341 667)
?-Latta-Beagle 1 875 000*

Orpik-Carlson 9 466 667
Alzner-Niskanen 8 550 000
Orlov-Polak 4 750 000

Holtby-Grubauer 6 350 000*
66 443 463 (67 110 130)

Kuznetsov 2yrs @2M
Fehr 3yrs @3M
Beagle 3yrs @1,3M
Holtby 7yr @ 5,75M
Grubauer 1yr @ 0,6M

Tical

Jul 1, 2013
Just curious, what would Carrick's projection for you guys be? What would it hypothetically take for Calgary to acquire him, in your opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad