Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
The first decision to make is with respect to Green. I don't think he takes a discount to stay, and someone will pay him more than he is making now, so unless he is willing to stay for like $4M, then he is probably gone. That means you have to build a new 3rd pair, that may not include Orlov, given health issues.

From there, I think Bura and Kuzya are long term members of the team, and I am liking the early returns on Glencross. I think management has to look at the basic construction, resigning Fehr and Beagle and see if Majo fits or not. I don't have the problems with him others have, but ultimately, he just might not have a long term place on a Trotz team that has AO, Backstrom, Kuz and Bura.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Johansson will cost 3.5 to 4 per year. Similar to Atkinson and Zuccarello. Somewhere in that range for probably 4 years. I'm not sure the Caps would be confident giving him that.

These last few weeks and the playoffs probably determine his future with the Caps. With Kuznetsov/Burakovsky and eventually Vrana coming over within the next year or two and not to mention Wilson possibly finding his offensive game, the top 6 looks pretty crowded. 90 could be the odd man out.

What's his trade value?

HOLDITHERE*

Johansson will cost 3.5 to 4 per year. Similar to Atkinson and Zuccarello. Somewhere in that range for probably 4 years. I'm not sure the Caps would be confident giving him that.

These last few weeks and the playoffs probably determine his future with the Caps. With Kuznetsov/Burakovsky and eventually Vrana coming over within the next year or two and not to mention Wilson possibly finding his offensive game, the top 6 looks pretty crowded. 90 could be the odd man out.

What's his trade value?

Right now, fairly high, until the other 29 teams realize he serves no actual purpose. He should have been moved at the deadline.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
If only he'd have developed into the two-way responsible Swedish centerman some of us had envisioned. Then these lineup problems would go away.

Halpysback*

What does Johansson offer other than some proof that the organization can draft and develop NHL caliber forwards beyond Ovechkin and Backstrom?

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
The first decision to make is with respect to Green. I don't think he takes a discount to stay, and someone will pay him more than he is making now, so unless he is willing to stay for like $4M, then he is probably gone. That means you have to build a new 3rd pair, that may not include Orlov, given health issues.

From there, I think Bura and Kuzya are long term members of the team, and I am liking the early returns on Glencross. I think management has to look at the basic construction, resigning Fehr and Beagle and see if Majo fits or not. I don't have the problems with him others have, but ultimately, he just might not have a long term place on a Trotz team that has AO, Backstrom, Kuz and Bura.

There is zero chance Mike Green comes back. Zero.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
My thoughts from last game.

The 2nd was great.
Kuzy looked way better on the 4th line. Hes not ready for 2nd line duty yet.

Flame away

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ok gotta get back on topic and dump all the mod action talk (deleted) before things get out of hand.

Back on topic.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Re: Mojo, I am not sure about his loyalty, anyway:

marcus-johansson-bicycle-lundqvist.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Johansson 8 years $4M. Take it if you can get it?

8 is too long. 2-4 years. Caps brass would really have to think highly of Mojo for a long deal.

Carlson for 8 would have been mad scientist-level genious. It was one of McPhee's best moves IMO to get what they got even.

I'd lock Carlson up today for 8 years no problem. He's durable and already legit 1a/1b Defender at a young age.

Beyond that, nobody else yet.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Aside of the two already locked up until the end of time, I don't think there's any player on the roster I'd offer an 8 year contract.

there are many that i would lock up for 8 years ... of course not many of them would take the amount i'd be offering

I can't believe you guys are even debating this ... Mojo gets traded, my mind is made up and has been for some time

Green won't accept anything we would be likely offering so he is gone

Ward we hope will rise again for the playoffs, but surely he is gone too

in my mind the amounts per year to Holtby, Fehr and Beagle are the key issues right now ... i'm hoping for 5,3 & 2m respectively with term

after that we see about signing Glencross ... yes he has been good so far, but super small sample means very little at this point

Kuzy goes straight back to 2C on my team for the start of next year, and assuming Bura has a good off-season, no way he plays in Hershey ... he will score 20 goals minimum next year

Lets hope Willy can improve and stay high in the lineup

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I wouldn't do 8 years but I think alot of you are selling MJ a bit short.

He's been in our top 5 scorers since he got here, is just entering his peak and I think its safe to say that he has developed into a 15-20G/20-30A player.

Now I don't know if he is an ideal fit stylisticly in terms of what we are trying to do but he's a good player. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts and wouldn't be made if we kept him either.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
GMBM and company have some foundational decisions to make this off season, if they haven't already. In no order:

1. What is Tom Wilson and what's our plan with him? McFail and Oates bungled his development from the start and they have to decide if he's the top 6 PF they expect him to be or a bottom 6 energy guy.
2. Can Kuznetsov be the 2C? If not, where does he fit?
3. Where does MaJo fit on this roster, if at all?
4. Where does Burakovsky fit on this roster? 2LW? 1RW?
5. Is Troy Brouwer someone they're interested in keeping past the 15-16 season?
6. Is Dmitri Orlov healthy and able to play 3RD? Are they comfortable going into the season with a 3rd pair of Schmidt/Orlov/Carrick or is that too young for their liking?
7. How do we get Braden Holtby a reliable backup? Is Grubauer the answer or do we shop him for help?

Lots of questions. Will be a very interesting summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad