Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXV (Any Given Someday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
**** chemistry!

Moar entertainment!

Just make his contract less than 950k or what it is now (that we can bury in the AHL without any problem).

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
If Orpik is still out at deadline, they need to kane him till playoffs and get depth top-4 like D. That will make room for F depth move too.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm confident Williams gave his approval on Richards as well before interest and or any deal is made. If any. I trust trotz, bmac and Williams input.

My thoughts as well. I'd believe that BMAC and Trotz has asked Williams about both Stoll and Richards and if Williams was down on Richards I'd doubt Richards name would even surface right now in rumors of the Caps interest.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Ovie - Backstrom - Oshie
Mojo - Kuznetsov - Williams
Chimera - Beagle - Wilson
Laich - Richards - Latta/Bura

Alzner - Niskanen
Schmidt - Carlson
Orpik - Orlov
Chorney

Yeah...I'd be OK with that going into the playoffs.

Would love to see Mojo moved for something more at 2LW....but if he stays he stays.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Ovie - Backstrom - Oshie

Alzner - Niskanen
Schmidt - Carlson
Orpik - Orlov
Chorney

Would love to see Mojo moved for something more at 2LW....but if he stays he stays.

Interesting D re-shuffling. No strong opinions either way, but definitely something to consider.

If MoJo is moved I'd be willing to get a less-skilled, more physical forward in his spot (can move Bura up if needed) but I'm not sure that the Caps feel like they need to make any moves as of yet - doesn't make them right (or me right, for that matter), but I see them standing pat for a bit.

And again, kudos to Schmidt and Orlov - both are playing better than I thought they would be at this point. And they're both 24 years old.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I've been really pleased with Chorney. THats been a really good deal with Orpik being out. Not the greatest D man on the roster by any stretch....but him being back there and playing rather steady hasnt had much impact on the overall D core...which is all you can ask for a 7th D man. They were not getting that the last few seasons with Erskine and the like.

Agree on Orlov and Schmidt? Awesome stuff there too. Giving Carrick and Bowey time in Hershey as well (even with Carrick being up now...but I doubt that lasts when Carlson is 100%).

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Ovie - Backstrom - Oshie

Alzner - Niskanen
Schmidt - Carlson
Orpik - Orlov
Chorney

That would be about the best they could accomplish, sans moving out Laich or Johansson. Of course if Orpik's stay on the LTIR is long term, then use his monies on his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->