Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXV (Any Given Someday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Herbert doesn't really seem to be impressing, unfortunately. Not that I really expected him to, after his wishy washy camps.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Galiev has been assigned to Hershey for conditioning purposes. Guess that's how they got around waivers. I bet that means Brown's coming off IR.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Galiev has been assigned to Hershey for conditioning purposes. Guess that's how they got around waivers. I bet that means Brown's coming off IR.

i saw that doesnt require waivers but why not? id understand if he was injured but I dont think he was. I just dont want them to try and cheat the system unless its legal and I dont know about it haha

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
how many games can he play down there again, i always forget. It's good to get him into games.

i saw that doesnt require waivers but why not? Id understand if he was injured but i dont think he was. I just dont want them to try and cheat the system unless its legal and i dont know about it haha

From the CBA:

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning
Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen
(14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to
investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the
Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan
to evade Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such
disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during
the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be
entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
If the
Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan
to evade Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such
disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate.
Seems like that's the only reason they are doing this to be honest.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Seems like that's the only reason they are doing this to be honest.

Well, he has to come back up after a maximum of fourteen days. At that point, if he's to be loaned to Hershey, he would still have to clear waivers, so I'm not sure what they would gain. My guess is that this is to try to buy some time for Brown to fully heal and help Hershey compensate for the loss of Vrana.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
At practice at Kettler, Burakovsky is in red (top six) and Justin Williams is in white (bottom six), so the all-Swede line may be happening.

Per the new girl khursydan but she*says she hasant seen line rushes yet

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Doing every thing they can to get Burt a jumpstart it appears. Hope it works. My biggest disappointment player so far.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
It's pretty tantalizing that the Caps don't have another player with decent skill to put on the 3rd line to make it more of a (consistent) 2-way threat. Like Chimera-X-Williams, or something.

If Bura takes off with the Swedes, that's great, though..

I kind of wonder if it might work to put Laich with say Backstrom and Mojo, maybe they can still be effective and get Laich to a tradeable state.. Then you could maybe try Bura & Williams on the 3rd line.

I dunno, some rearrangement to make the 3rd line more of a threat..

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He's been way better than Wilson.

One I expected near 20 goals from, one I did not. They're two different role players, each has been better than the other "in their roles"...Wilson has looked much improved in his role this season.

In any case wasn't a comment about Wilson. If you're pleased with Burt so far we'll agree to disagree.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's pretty tantalizing that the Caps don't have another player with decent skill to put on the 3rd line to make it more of a (consistent) 2-way threat. Like Chimera-X-Williams, or something.

If Bura takes off with the Swedes, that's great, though..

I kind of wonder if it might work to put Laich with say Backstrom and Mojo, maybe they can still be effective and get Laich to a tradeable state.. Then you could maybe try Bura & Williams on the 3rd line.

I dunno, some rearrangement to make the 3rd line more of a threat..

I've been silently wondering when Laich gets bumped up to the 2nd line....the reaction around here will be priceless. Trotz should be trying everything, it's a long season and as you say, if Laich shows he can get some points in a winger role there, his value can only improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad