Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXIII (Arbin' 2: Electric Boogaloo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1925713

tumblr_ni8zze02TE1u69dxfo1_500.gif

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
RE: JVR

Lets set aside what we feel this player is worth. Fact remains is that if we trade MJ then it SHOULD be to open up room to bring in a much needed 3C.

If we trade MJ+precious few young assets to get a slight upgrade at wing then we are still left with a gaping hole at 3C and even less resources to address it.

If we want to open up cap space then MJ is a prime candidate b/c he'd be reasonably easy to move compared to other guys and it would leave enough $$$ to get a good 3C.

I do think a trade with the Flyers for Schenn makes sense for both teams. Flyers have too many centers and few LW. We are the opposite. MJ and Schenn are comprable in production and both have some upside. If the Caps and Flyers would make a rare divisional trade then this would make the best fit.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Wait, did Eklund actually call us landing Oshie and Justin?

Or, did he propose them going to every team to cover his bases.

Justin I could see guessing, Oshie a roster trade was a bit more difficult.

I am sure he had Carrick going back if he uses HF as his source.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I don't recall any firm predictions, just some talk about talk involving the teams. Maybe something about STL possibly making a move a few hours before they did.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Salary arbitration news:
#Sens A.Chiasson
Club offer: $1M Player asking: #2.475M
#Caps B.Holtby
Club offer: $5.1M Player asking: $8M

8 fricken million? What

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Both sides starting on the low/high side. The Caps offer looks far more realistic which means Holtby's agent is squeezing the team, imo.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015

I can answer this.

You know the chart he has (Not the rumor chart) at ever draft, free agency, and trade deadline. Well around 2:00-3:00 he said the Caps, Rangers, and Flyers had interest in Williams. 6 hours later a deal was done. Oshie you could say was an Eklund lie, but it also could be true based on what Trotz said. On June 27th, Eklund posted a report saying the Caps were interested in Oshie, but don't expect anything. This report could be accurate. Trotz said the trade didn't happen until the day of the trade, and that they didn't expect anything to happen.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Alex Prewitt
@alex_prewitt
That, for what it's worth, is a significantly greater gap than had been discussed. Caps had offered ~$5.5 mil in talks, Holtby asked ~$6.5.

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
Both sides fine with long-term deal of 5-6 years. Hasn't been the issue.

Just give him the 5/6-year $6.25M deal we were all expecting and be done with it!

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I've said all along Im down with $6m for 5 to 7 years....so if they meet in the middle at $6.5...I guess I'm ok with it. Maybe. I dunno.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Dude is Holtby's agent insane?!?!?! :amazed:

last i heard prewitt had tweeted they were still about 1m apart in negotiations, so as (g00n) someone stated above that's probably the high/low to start the arb.

I think holtby should be happy with 6-6.5

but it's his life and his contract..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad