Music: Acoustic Covers Of Popular Songs

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
I like this Norwegian singer. I prefer her many online acoustic sessions over album versions of the same material, which is more electronica-themed. She's quirky, gives cute interviews, and is apparently more well-known than I'd surmised.

"Half the World Away" (not an Oasis fan and wasn't familiar with the song, but I like it):

"Across the Universe" (Not technically an acoustic cover, but the guitarist is playing notes on a single string only, so I'm sneaking it in). This isn't a brilliant cover, but the backing vocals give it a nice flavor.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I want to thank everyone who posted in this thread. Not only is it fantastic to listen to all the talent stripped down bare, but as a performing musician whose roots are acoustic, this is pure inspiration. I am definitely adding some of these tunes to my own repertoire!

Here's my contribution. I'm biased towards great harmony:

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I was coming to post this one. I know there is a drum but yep this is the best "acoustic" cover of a song ever!! ;)

A drum doesn't disqualify it from being an acoustic song, but the electric bass sure does

It doesn't belong in the thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->