Music: Acoustic Covers Of Popular Songs

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Not sure if this counts as a popular song, but this is a beautiful acoustic rendition of Iron Maiden's "Sun and Steel" (a fast, aggressive song about a samurai):

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Happy to have been there,always great when they play live and do acoustic.

I attended a a live Q and A with the band a few years ago and someone asked what they were most proud off. The band agreed that the fact the 4 guys have been together for about 45 years (at the ) and were still having fun and were still friends. Under the name Golden Erring they have been active since 1961. The newest band member joined in 1970

Reactions: angusyoung

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Eläkeläiset has made a career out of this. You have to listen, it's hilarious. They make humppa versions out of popular songs. But I cheated a bit, they do use a keyboard.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I attended a a live Q and A with the band a few years ago and someone asked what they were most proud off. The band agreed that the fact the 4 guys have been together for about 45 years (at the ) and were still having fun and were still friends. Under the name Golden Erring they have been active since 1961. The newest band member joined in 1970

Must have been fun to see that,in English or Dutch? I remember Barry saying he did not want to sing back then,wanted to play instruments. I'm a huge fan and have seen them many,many times in all different settings,always great Won't pump their tires too much,but they were and are so unknown and underrated actually. They are very meticulous about sound when performing.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Must have been fun to see that,in English or Dutch? I remember Barry saying he did not want to sing back then,wanted to play instruments. I'm a huge fan and have seen them many,many times in all different settings,always great Won't pump their tires too much,but they were and are so unknown and underrated actually. They are very meticulous about sound when performing.

Dutch with a translator

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Cool! how that band work out? I'm guessing the roadies spoke good English?

Yep.

Like I said they were a wannabe band that had some connections. The drummer and bass both quit half way through the two week tour forcing two roadies from another group needed to jump in. I was surprised how many roadies are actually good musicians.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yep.

Like I said they were a wannabe band that had some connections. The drummer and bass both quit half way through the two week tour forcing two roadies from another group needed to jump in. I was surprised how many roadies are actually good musicians.

Well I hope you enjoyed your time here. Too bad for those that quit though. Do you know if the drummer participated with Cezar, the drummer with GE, with the thousand drummers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->