According to Stephen A. Smith: Lakers Cant Suck

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Oh please. Did anybody honestly expect the Lakers to have a decent, respectable year? Stephen A. is a blowhard, what else is new?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Oh please. Did anybody honestly expect the Lakers to have a decent, respectable year? Stephen A. is a blowhard, what else is new?

Only Lakers fans I'm sure.

I would be ok if them and the Knicks continued to suck for a while. I'm sure others won't mind either.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Ugh, Stephen A. Smith, the same dude the gave the Blue Jays bulletin board material to win the AL East last year. :rant::shakehead:cry:

And it was against the Yankees, to boot!

Even though I'm a Lakers fan, I already accepted that they're sticking to their own rebuilding plan and not emulate the Knicks. Stephen A. is just butt kissing the Lakers, especially when he has no new material to write about.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Ugh, Stephen A. Smith, the same dude the gave the Blue Jays bulletin board material to win the AL East last year. :rant::shakehead:cry:

And it was against the Yankees, to boot!

Even though I'm a Lakers fan, I already accepted that they're sticking to their own rebuilding plan and not emulate the Knicks. Stephen A. is just butt kissing the Lakers, especially when he has no new material to write about.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I get the point of Kobe's last season shouldn't be a joke but the only joke was Kobe himself. They improved from last year just a little. Not in a big way or anything. They have more talent now and are heading in a direction. They do need to sign someone like a KD. Now, will they is the question. While I understand its LA I'm not sure basketball wise what you can sell to a free agent. Russell has promise but that locker room seems a bit divided after that whole incident. I'm not sure how many guys would want to join that mess at the moment. While Russell is a good piece, KD alone or anyone alone couldn't carry that constructed roster. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

i didn't expect them to have a decent year by any means but i certainly didn't expect the atrocity that has been this season

but hey, that's what happens when you have byron scott as head coach. it's honestly for the better anyways, keep that 1st round pick and just concentrate on kobe's retirement tour. the only downside is that clarkson, randle, and russell have pretty much lost a year of their development because of that incompetent coach

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Stephen A. and Skip are only there to do one thing and that is create a buzz for views and clicks.

It's amazing how people fall for it time and time again on the ESPN Facebook page.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The glory of the Lakers died with Buss. Now Kobe is retired. They're going to be awful for quite some time, maybe never as good as they used to be again.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Stephen A. and Skip are only there to do one thing and that is create a buzz for views and clicks.

It's amazing how people fall for it time and time again on the ESPN Facebook page.

Skip is a troll and I respect him for being real on it. Stephen on the other hand thinks that he's more real than Skip and isn't trolling. Bayless is paid to be the troll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad