News Article: According to Pierre McGuire, Wings frontrunners for Krug

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Obviously everything from this site should be taken with a giant grain of salt, but can anyone actually confirm McGuire said anything of the sort? I'm sure at a minimum they are taking a small comment and blowing it out of proportion, but are we sure they didn't flat out make up a quote?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Because Steve Yzerman has a long history of going out and breaking the bank for free agents at any price, sounds legit. I'd love to have Krug if we could get him on the Mike Green deal next offseason (or something similar), but I'm real doubtful that's going to happen.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I didn't click the site, but if Pierre McGuire said it, there's at least some credibility to it.
....did he say it though?

This article didn't link to anything and I haven't found anything in my own searches.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
....did he say it though?

This article didn't link to anything and I haven't found anything in my own searches.

Pierre does a segment on the Stellick and Simmer (NHL Network Radio) morning show a few times every week and I did recall him mentioning it on their show earlier this week, no idea why they couldn't have cited that in this article though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What I'm taking from all these random rumors is that the Wings are likely calling about every available decent defender (like probably most teams are) and rumor websites are going to link the Wings to them all.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
What I'm taking from all these random rumors is that the Wings are likely calling about every available decent defender (like probably most teams are) and rumor websites are going to link the Wings to them all.
Wings also have a new GM who has a history of pursuing pieces he needs much more aggressively than their previous one.

Trade rumours under Holland's tenure always had to be viewed in a 'prices were too high'/'we like our team'/etc context.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
It is a rumor and that is all it is. Stevie will however have a lot more cap space next year when Daley, Ericcson, Green will be gone. What I don't understand is that Witkowski could be resigned again this year. If Kronwall comes back that I can see. Krug will likely re sign with Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad