Proposal: Acceptable Trouba trade

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I could see a team wanting to use Trouba as a Building block in a major retooling.

For sure this is the best bet. A team looking to get better quick that can get a guy in his prime. And extend him and give him a true all situations role.

I think we could get something around what Pacioretty got for sure. Just takes a while to find a fit sometimes.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Detroit,
Veleno, Hronek, 2019 2nd And 2020 unprotected 1st

Or Barkov

Those are my ideal trades. I wouldn’t mind a futures trade, everything that Chevy has been working towards is really kicking in now, could use a replenishment via one player for long term success.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I think Serg's getting a tad overvalued... Yes he's a potential number one dman....but were reading a bonfide number one dman whos in his prime.

If it's a preordained extension situation I don't think you to add to Trouba.

Either Tampa things Serg's a number one or close enough now that they don't trade him, or they know he's not that yet and would be willing to move the bird in the bush for a bird in hand.

I get you players have pitenpote but troubas pretty damn close to as good as any young dman could potentially get...

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Detroit,
Veleno, Hronek, 2019 2nd And 2020 unprotected 1st

Or Barkov

Those are my ideal trades. I wouldn’t mind a futures trade, everything that Chevy has been working towards is really kicking in now, could use a replenishment via one player for long term success.

I'm a pretty positive poster I think for the most part, and I think getting Veleno and Hronek alone next summer would be a good return. Especially if Hronek plays in the NHL this season. Barkov is not in the realm of realistic though.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bumping this thread with the hope of saving Kovacevic's thread from Trouba discussion. Trouba is obviously important to the team and the uncertainty around his future here is driving me mad.

Proposal: trade Trouba this summer for AZ 1st (~16 OA), Jason Demers and a C level prospect.

The pick can be used to get Seider as a long term replacement, while Demers fills in for the interim.

Buff
Niku
Demers
Poolman

along the right side next season would be a step backwards for sure but it's still pretty good.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Bumping this thread with the hope of saving Kovacevic's thread from Trouba discussion. Trouba is obviously important to the team and the uncertainty around his future here is driving me mad.

Proposal: trade Trouba this summer for AZ 1st (~16 OA), Jason Demers and a C level prospect.

The pick can be used to get Seider as a long term replacement, while Demers fills in for the interim.

Buff
Niku
Demers
Poolman

along the right side next season would be a step backwards for sure but it's still pretty good.
Who is Seider?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Who is Seider?
German RHD prospect from this upcoming draft. He's been climbing up the rankings.... I remember he was a late 1st (remember looking back when he had a first lol), but now i think he's slated to go in the mid-late teens

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Really don't see Trouba as that much of a game changer that he'll be traded to the east. For sure we would avoid trading him in our division.

So of course that excludes a trade to AZ as we all know they'll be in our Division in a few years

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Really don't see Trouba as that much of a game changer that he'll be traded to the east. For sure we would avoid trading him in our division.

So of course that excludes a trade to AZ as we all know they'll be in our Division in a few years
I've never understood the whole concept of not trading within your own conference or division. If I were GM all I care about is getting the best return based on my teams needs.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Stick him in a wonderful situation and location like Ottawa.

I was going to say Hell but your suggestion is pure evil. :devdance:

tenor.gif

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Trochek plus 2nd for re-signed Trouba?

Trouba plus 1st for Trochek and Huberdeau?

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Trouba and Vesalainen to Philadelphia for Myers, Frost and Philadelphia’s 1st round pick which is currently at 15.

While it definitely isn’t ideal in replacing Trouba (we won’t get that in trade) I would be quite content with this.

Adding Vesalainen in this deal to extract more value and address more of a positional need by swapping him for Frost who plays centre. Flyers already have Couturier and Patrick for the top six.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Trouba and Vesalainen to Philadelphia for Myers, Frost and Philadelphia’s 1st round pick which is currently at 15.

While it definitely isn’t ideal in replacing Trouba (we won’t get that in trade) I would be quite content with this.

Adding Vesalainen in this deal to extract more value and address more of a positional need by swapping him for Frost who plays centre. Flyers already have Couturier and Patrick for the top six.
Neutral fan, but this seems like a pretty basis of a deal. The Jets would probably have to add though. Maybe add their 2nd?
"I don't know much about Myers...is he any good?
Yes, very. He could definitely be a future Trouba replacement.

Reactions: untouchable21

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I've been thinking myself about Myers and Frost as a deal. Depending on what the org thinks could be there at 15, I'd probably add Vesa if they like a group of players there.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Trochek plus 2nd for re-signed Trouba?

Trouba plus 1st for Trochek and Huberdeau?
How do either of these trades make sense for the Panthers. Why are the Panthers sending away a high end #2 center on a steal of a contract AND adding a 2nd to then pay Trouba 7+ AAV?

Your 2nd deal is even worse. How do you think swapping the 2nd round pick for Huberdeau is evened out with a 2020 late first is anywhere close to reasonable?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->