ac shoulder injury

goingtopcheese

May 4, 2011
just injured shoulder a few days ago. doc said it was between a grade 1 and 2 ac injury. full recovery is about 12 weeks. obviously, i'm still in discomfort since the injury is still in the initial phases but was wondering if anybody has had a similar injury and when did you get back on the ice? i should have greater range of motion in another week or so and that i would be fine in about 2-3 weeks.
thanks!

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
just injured shoulder a few days ago. doc said it was between a grade 1 and 2 ac injury. full recovery is about 12 weeks. obviously, i'm still in discomfort since the injury is still in the initial phases but was wondering if anybody has had a similar injury and when did you get back on the ice? i should have greater range of motion in another week or so and that i would be fine in about 2-3 weeks.
thanks!

Make sure it's fully healed before going back. I didn't and I finally got where I couldn't lift my arm past about 75 degrees to my side. Had to resort to cortizone injections in order to finish the year and have surgery. Surgery was good and rehab was pretty quick. Good as new afterward.

Rille

Jan 22, 2011
Örnsköldsvik
I had the same injury and I was back on ice 12 weeks later with full body contact. The shoulder will never be 100% again but I feel pretty ok now after 8 months. I started to skate sex weeks later and it felt really strange when I tried to do some wrist shots. I felt like to shoulder started to click.

Here is a picture of my shoulder 10 weeks after the injury.

20101210002.th.jpg

Sony Eriksson*

thanks!

Was an MRI done? If not i highly suggest one. Take it from someone who has had both shoulders surgically fixed. I had torn labrums and partially torn biceps.

JSand

Aug 31, 2010
Is this the same thing as a separated shoulder?

Separated shoulder are assigned grades so it is likely the same. I suffered a grade 1 separation and was back on the ice for beer league (no checking) inside of 4 weeks. For a grade 1 (or even 2) injury I believe that after the initial swelling goes down most doctors will allow you to try to resume normal daily activities as tolerated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->