AC Shoulder Injury

deadman1515

Mar 5, 2016
This Sunday I got tripped on a breakaway and that was that.

Anyways, what type of exercises did you find productive when you started regaining range of motion to strengthen everything back up?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Ask a doctor. Though AC joint sprains usually don't heal without surgery and the clicking noise you hear when rotating your shoulder will be permanent without surgery. Not the biggest deal in terms of long term use after some rest but can cause issues after periods of heavy strain on the region.

deadman1515

Mar 5, 2016
Are you thinking of something else? AC injuries rarely require surgical intervention except in the most severe cases.

They didn't provide much in help of info for PT work.

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
I got a slight AC separation by sliding into the boards really hard a couple years ago. Keep it in the sling, take it easy with the arm for a few weeks.

Just regular usage after resting it for a few weeks should be fine. Don't stress it. You might also learn that your shoulder gets tired faster in that joint now.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Are you thinking of something else? AC injuries rarely require surgical intervention except in the most severe cases.

They didn't provide much in help of info for PT work.

They don't require surgery because it's a long recovery process for a minor injury, but the shoulder won't ever be 100% again w/o surgery. Both of my shoulders have suffered an AC sprain and "click" when rotated and "wear out" much quicker than they should.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00