Music: AC/DC new album "POWER UP"

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I love how a song in 2020 sounds like it's from 1980. If you had told me that it was recorded for Back in Black but discarded and lost for 40 years, I might've believed you.

I hate when artists experiment, change their styles and chase after the latest musical trends. Just keep giving me what I fell in love with as long as you can, please.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I like the single

I love how a song in 2020 sounds like it's from 1980. If you had told me that it was recorded for Black in Black but discarded, I might've believed you.

I hate when artists experiment, change their styles and chase after the latest musical trends. Just keep giving me what I fell in love with as long as you can, please.

I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same -Angus Young

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I love how a song in 2020 sounds like it's from 1980. If you had told me that it was recorded for Back in Black but discarded and lost for 40 years, I might've believed you.

Totally and completely signed.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Don't try to fix whats not broken :thumbu:

If it works and people like it, why change up anything.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

I’ll take artists experimenting over putting out songs with the same lyrics stylings and same 10 chords over 9+ albums

Not bad mouthing them either, they have a signature sound and they stick to it and it’s addicting and heavy, but it still comes off as repetitive and tired af times

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Second single:

The album will be released on Nov 13th.

Edit: In contrast to the first single, this one sounds decidedly more modern and different for the band. I'm guessing that that was deliberate in order to show off both flavors of songs on the album.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think I bought every AC/DC record up to The Razor's Edge. But sometime around Flick of the Switch I had already kind of lost interest. I don't even know if I've heard anything after The Razor's Edge. Not purposefully or anything. Just didn't seem like much point. I'm sure I'd like it all just fine, but.... I mean, I've already got 7 or 8 albums that I know by heart and can sing along with, and I've got AC/DC favorited on Sirius XM and the only songs that EVER come up are from those same 7 or 8 albums, and that's all I really need. :dunno:

It's funny that I could list them as one of my favorite rock bands of all time, but am completely ignorant of the last 30 years of their material. :eek:

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I personally have a hard time getting in to any ac/dc post Bonn Scott.

I was all about Brian Johnson when I first discovered AC/DC, than I purchased power age from columbia house not realizing AC/DC had another singer, and after that most of the Johnson era albums fell by the wayside, with the exception of back in black atleast. I dont know if theres a bon scott era song I dont like.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The whole album is now on their Youtube channel. I've sen critics praise the album, one from the biggest daily paper here called it the best since Back In Black. This song is one that's getting high praise:

And this:

Also the album is only 41 minutes long. That's one side of a TDK90.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I listened. It sounded good. It sound like AC/DC. I love AC/DC. But I still can't remember any of it 10 minutes later. :huh:

Although I will say my kids were all excited about something something Fortnite AC/DC a little while ago. They seem to be marketing it pretty well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->