Absurd and Laughable trading A.I - GM mode

CelticPride

Jan 12, 2015
Dunno if these pictures posted or not....sorry.

333x5c2.jpg
333x5c2.jpg

Man I'm really giving Columbus a hell of a trade what the hell am I doing, right?

Let's look at some of these guys I'm sending them.

wshl5.jpg[

amwz.jpg

2pzxjs5.jpg

I'd probably Lmao if somehow the Jackets declined this....oh wait....WHAT?

zydax3.jpg

For anybody out there looking to purchase this game only for GM Mode, do not, DO NOT buy NHL 19.

Eberle at 34 could drop off in the real, but at 5million some team wouldn't take him on as a gamble? A rebuilding team wouldn't take him on if given compensation such as a 2nd round pick? A team would decline a lopsided trade if he was included?

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I agree that your deal is ridiculously awesome for CBJ. I’d give you my first for those...

However, because of the games remarkable well developed programming and AI [:sarcasm:] the CBJ are champion status so they will want an expiring contract. Bet if Eberle had a year left, they’d take this deal.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
If you were to retain like 1m they would take him. Such stupid logic. I get it that players can have negative value but it shouldn’t be that extreme

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I see they haven't fixed that glitch.

I couldn't get a team with the available cap to trade for the last year of Matt Moulson's $4m contract, even when the sweetener was three future 1st rounders and Connor McDavid on his ELC.

Last edited:
Reactions: shinchanuuhh

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
I agree. If you were to retain half of eberle’s contract and took all of those assets off they would accept the trade and say that they’re “making out like gangbusters”

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Dunno if these pictures posted or not....sorry.

333x5c2.jpg
333x5c2.jpg

Man I'm really giving Columbus a hell of a trade what the hell am I doing, right?

Let's look at some of these guys I'm sending them.

wshl5.jpg[

amwz.jpg

2pzxjs5.jpg

I'd probably Lmao if somehow the Jackets declined this....oh wait....WHAT?

zydax3.jpg

For anybody out there looking to purchase this game only for GM Mode, do not, DO NOT buy NHL 19.

Eberle at 34 could drop off in the real, but at 5million some team wouldn't take him on as a gamble? A rebuilding team wouldn't take him on if given compensation such as a 2nd round pick? A team would decline a lopsided trade if he was included?

You should be thanking the game for not allowing you to do that trade. Also, one unimportant bug in a game means you shouldn't buy it?

Last edited:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
You should be thanking the game for not allowing you to do that trade. Also, one unimportant bug in a game means you shouldn't buy it?

I mean it’s a cap dump, happens every year in the NHL

It’s only a dumb trade because the AI wouldnt let him make an actual fair trade

I’ve had the same problem. It’s kind of game breaking how you can’t dump salary

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
SMH

Vancouver offered up Petersson ($7.85 x 7 years, 84 rating) and a 3rd rounder for Drouin ($5.5 x 2, 87 rating) and a 4th and 6th. Vancouver was labeled “rebuilder”.

I don’t usually make unrealistic trades but I took that deal and ran since they came to me.

FWIW, Vancouver missed the playoffs, and I made it to the ECf. Petersson grew to an 89 start of next season. I am not sure who Vancouver was trying to free up $2.3m for, but I think I won that trade.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I'm just annoyed that the CPU changes my damn trade block all the time when I don't want it too.....is there really still no option to turn this off?

Reactions: Cypress

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
I'm just annoyed that the CPU changes my damn trade block all the time when I don't want it too.....is there really still no option to turn this off?

I've missed the older games where you can turn off trade blocking and doing fantasy drafts.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Is this not as simple as Columbus not able to be over the salary cap?
Yeah, that's what it looks like to me actually. I'm pretty sure in real life, Columbus would scramble to make room for this, but in real life, this trade wouldn't actually happen anyway. On a kind of related side note, this is the first year in ages that I've actually gotten some trade proposals from the AI that weren't all sorts of awful! I even accepted a few, which I don't remember doing in the last few years anyway.

Reactions: Hypernova

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is logical, actually. CPU can't take on a 6 million dollar contract for next year when they need to sign that elite player. That doesn't include what other needs they'll have that they haven't figured out yet. You don't know that they don't have other extensions already done for next year; which happens quite often.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
This is logical, actually. CPU can't take on a 6 million dollar contract for next year when they need to sign that elite player. That doesn't include what other needs they'll have that they haven't figured out yet. You don't know that they don't have other extensions already done for next year; which happens quite often.

They also only had 4m in cap space, I don't think the CPU is smart enough to work around that. But idk, maybe it is...haven't played NHL in years.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
SMH

Vancouver offered up Petersson ($7.85 x 7 years, 84 rating) and a 3rd rounder for Drouin ($5.5 x 2, 87 rating) and a 4th and 6th. Vancouver was labeled “rebuilder”.

I don’t usually make unrealistic trades but I took that deal and ran since they came to me.

FWIW, Vancouver missed the playoffs, and I made it to the ECf. Petersson grew to an 89 start of next season. I am not sure who Vancouver was trying to free up $2.3m for, but I think I won that trade.

5noHKsb.jpg

:naughty:

Reactions: sandviper

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
SMH

I do the same thing. I make realistic trades, but if someone comes to me with something that's hilariously lopsided for me, I'll take it in a moment.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Eberle sucks and has a massive contract. Remove him from the trade and they'll bite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad