Absolutely love my new skates, but have a question

Slick Rick 61

Jul 11, 2007
I was lucky enough to scoop up a pair of pro stock one95's barely used, and absolutely love them. They are a C width which is perfect for me as a lifelong Vapor user, because the narrow boot fits me like a Vapor. The insoles that were put in the skates also support my foot 100% perfect, so the skates are basically identical to my foot. The extra stiff boots also gave me NO pain whatsoever.

However, when stopping with my left foot in front, the right skate seems to rock behind. I checked to see if the runner was bent, and the guy at the pro shop said he didn't think so, and told me to give it a few more times as I may not be used to the 288mm runner. I just wanted to note that my old skates were 3 years old and had 280mm runners (my shoe size grew 1.5 sizes since I had them, they were Vapor XXXX's).

I was wondering if anyone had some thoughts as to why this may be happening. I am using the skates just in practice right now, because I don't want to go into a game, and not be able to stop on a dime if a puck carrier does, or go into the corner and wipe out as I'm about to take a hit.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If the steel looks fine, and the runners are properly centered (which I assume they would be on pro stocks), I'd guess it probably is you just getting used to the new runners, and maybe also the different stance of the skates in general. You're used to Vapors, which have an aggressive, forward pitched stance, while Supremes have more of a neutral stance, your balance might just not be totally adjusted yet. Basically everyone gets wobble/chatter in their inside skate when learning how to do 2 foot stops because they're not applying pressure to the edge properly, adjusting to new skates can almost be like learning again for a little bit. The skates are the right size for you length-wise? Toes just touching the ends when you put your foot in sort of casually, but when laced up with knees bent in the skating stance your toes just pull away from the end?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->