ABS Blades

Weber6

Shea Weber
Aug 7, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Do they work on any shaft? I have a senior stick that the blade is worn out on and I need a blade for ball hockey - so I'm thinking about purchasing an ABS blade - would it work on any senior shaft? And is it an easy install process?

LarryO

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
www.youtube.com
There are 2 types of shafts/blades... standard and tapered. Standard shafts require standard blades, and tapered shafts require tapered blades. The tenon on the tapered blade is thinner than the standard one. I think ABS blades are typically standard dimension. Check what your shaft is and buy the appropriate blade.

Here's a quote from the Hockey Giant website:
"The opening at the end of a hockey shaft into which a blade is inserted is called a hosel. There are essentially 2 different hosel types: Standard .620" & Tapered .520" – they are not interchangeable. Standard .620 (non-tapered) blades will only fit into Standard .620 (non-tapered) shafts, and Tapered .520" blades will only fit into Tapered .520" shafts.

In addition, blades are manufactured in Senior, Intermediate and Junior sizes. Junior blades will only fit into junior shafts; senior blades are most often manufactured to fit in both senior and intermediate shafts. Most manufacturers do not make intermediate blades, though most will offer an intermediate shaft."

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Correct. Though to simplify, you would have to cut off your old blade and insert the ABS blade into the handle end. If you don't think you would like that, then your ABS options are to buy any standard shaft and buy ABS blades. Or buy an ABS full stick (typically or fiberglass shaft fused with ABS)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad