Rumor: Abramov to the KHL

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I wonder if he can be persuaded to come to camp with the agreement that if he doesn't make the team, he goes straight to his KHL team.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Decent player, but not a huge loss if he goes. We have plenty of other prospects ready to pass him.

Parker Kelly looks like one. Maybe less skilled, but much more tenacious.

I remember abramov always crashing the net and causing havoc a couple years ago. He looked really tame this year and in one game got outdone by Parker Kelly for a bottom 6 role in the future.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
If he leaves, would we retain his rights? I don't think he makes the team next year but I could easily see him being one of those guys who comes back and surprises after a few years in the KHL like Dadonov

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Not much of a loss. He's too slow for his size. Probably has a nice career overseas.

With Davidsson flopping all we now have to show from trading Duchene is Lassi.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Another player that was perpetually way over hyped by Sens fans.

Or as usual was hyped up by the biggest mouth in the league.

“Vitaly is a quick, creative player with excellent offensive instincts,” said Pierre Dorion. “He projects as a scoring forward and possesses a terrific shot with an elite release.”

We feel that both Vitaly and Jonathan, along with the first-round pick will help enhance the team’s future and fit with our continuing effort to build a younger, faster and stronger roster.”

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Or as usual was hyped up by the biggest mouth in the league.

I never understand that people think that a GM isn't going to hype a player up. How stupid would it be to say "we just signed Joey Joe, he's okay on the forecheck, but doesn't stick to the structure. We took a chance because he had huge upside, but we know it was a risk because of his size and inability to play the system."

It just is never going to happen on any team with any GM

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Prolly make some much nicer dough over there. Good for him. Maybe he'll give the NHL another shot in a few years.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Solid prospect I hope the sens release his rights to see if there is a nhl club interested in giving him a shot

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We should be grinding him up into a nutritious slurry that we can feed to our players, right @Hale The Villain ?

That would be the most cost-effective use of an asset that we could potentially lose anyway.

Talk about a waste of an asset.

Would be better to chain him to an exercise bike and get him to power the lights at the CTC.

Melnyk would approve I'm sure.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Another player that was perpetually way over hyped by Sens fans.

Possibly but I just think people wanted to see him do well since his Gatineau jr days. Its easy to pull for a guy with local ties. I could see him getting another shot in 2-3 years once he lights up the KHL

Best to him

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Honestly don't think too many people saw a spot for him in the long term plans, he was behind Tkachuk, Stützle, Paul, and Formenton afterall.

Heck, he would have started off behind Balcers too. I liked his game, but it was always going to be an uphill battle for him to win a spot here. I think in the right situation he could pan out as a middle 6 guy, but he'll make more money in the KHL

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
A good example of why its important to acquire quality rather than quantity in trades. Pierre was certainly lucky that we got Stutzle and Norris out of that trade.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad