News Article: About Robotic Crosby with no sense of humor

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just have to say as a Flyers fan, I actually think Crosby is underrated. Every day this guy amazes me - I think his goals seem better as the years go by. But not only that, his off ice demeanor is fantastic. This is a really class guy who goes beyond what a normal superstar would do. He is just a great guy. The stories about him back this up. I always point out to my daughter how Crosby carries himself not only as a professional, but as a decent human being. He is not just an example on the ice, but off as well. With the Horror Show that is the Flyers, I find myself pulling for the Pens this year because of Crosby.

How dare you make us humanize you Flyers fans by coming in here and saying nice shit....

X8cKKkE.gif

So be honest with us, underneath that Gritty costume is Scott Hartnell, isn't it?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
That is true. I should not generalise. There are wonderful NFL players, and horrible NHL players. Tom Wilson I am looking at you.

But in general NHL players overall do tend to be more admirable more often from what I see. But certainly not all.
I think culture and upbringing has a lot to do with this. I’m guessing most hockey players come from stable households that have the money to spend on hockey equipment, traveling, etc....football players, not nearly as many have stable lives and it’s cheap to play. Hell, some of them it’s either football or the streets.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think culture and upbringing has a lot to do with this. I’m guessing most hockey players come from stable households that have the money to spend on hockey equipment, traveling, etc....football players, not nearly as many have stable lives and it’s cheap to play. Hell, some of them it’s either football or the streets.

Nah. football AND the street. Plus it's more than some of them.

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
Crosby is the man. What matters is points, cups, passion. His numbers trump all talk. The Beliveau of this era.

Reactions: ColePens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad