News Article: About Robotic Crosby with no sense of humor

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Among the highlights:

"Hey Crosby, [Evgeni] Malkin would have more Cups if he had a better supporting cast."

"Hey Crosby, you were voted third toughest Canadian, behind Celine Dion and a close second to Avril Lavigne."

"Hey Crosby, when Gatorade wanted a tough guy, Justin Bieber turned them down so they settled for you."

"Hey Crosby, Malkin wants to know where your Calder Memorial Trophy is." (Please note that for all of Crosby's accomplishments, NHL rookie of the year was not one of them, while Malkin won it in 2007.)

How did Crosby react?

With the time-honored penalty box tradition of squirting his water bottle through the crack in the glass and towards Lipeika.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
If I chirped Hank at the game and asked him where his crown was and such, would he have signed a stick and given it to me???

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The one about Malkin having a better supporting cast is decent. The rest are...very bad. But Sid's the kind of guy whose favorite band is probably Coldplay or Imaginary Dragons so not surprised his sense of humor sucks too.
Him and Matt Murray have a weekly Coldplay discussion at his house, they have milk and cookies and then they watch disney movies together.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As an aside, the same week as AB did his whole clown show, this happens.

Could there be a bigger contrast?
There's already a huge contrast on the Steelers with Juju & Brown, Juju should hang out with Crosby & the boys more often, just so douche f***s like Brown and the like don't ruin people that kids could look up to.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There's already a huge contrast on the Steelers with Juju & Brown, Juju should hang out with Crosby & the boys more often, just so *****e ****s like Brown and the like don't ruin people that kids could look up to.

That is true. I should not generalise. There are wonderful NFL players, and horrible NHL players. Tom Wilson I am looking at you.

But in general NHL players overall do tend to be more admirable more often from what I see. But certainly not all.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I just have to say as a Flyers fan, I actually think Crosby is underrated. Every day this guy amazes me - I think his goals seem better as the years go by. But not only that, his off ice demeanor is fantastic. This is a really class guy who goes beyond what a normal superstar would do. He is just a great guy. The stories about him back this up. I always point out to my daughter how Crosby carries himself not only as a professional, but as a decent human being. He is not just an example on the ice, but off as well. With the Horror Show that is the Flyers, I find myself pulling for the Pens this year because of Crosby.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I just have to say as a Flyers fan, I actually think Crosby is underrated. Every day this guy amazes me - I think his goals seem better as the years go by. But not only that, his off ice demeanor is fantastic. This is a really class guy who goes beyond what a normal superstar would do. He is just a great guy. The stories about him back this up. I always point out to my daughter how Crosby carries himself not only as a professional, but as a decent human being. He is not just an example on the ice, but off as well. With the Horror Show that is the Flyers, I find myself pulling for the Pens this year because of Crosby.
Sooo...welcome aboard Pentokrator?

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad