about gloves fit!!

Jo Ma

Jul 26, 2012
Hong Kong
I am using a synergy 100 14" gloves. These gloves is way too loose. And i am looking for gloves that is tight, just stick to my skin:). Also i found there is a little room between my finger tips and the gloves end.

Which gloves will fit my requirements?:yo:
Also which size should i choose?

Note. i can't afford much, so plz choose a lower end gloves for me :)

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
The best advice I think you'll get in this thread is to go to a store and try out gloves. There are subtle differences between how brands feel on the hands. However, I will say that I have the same preferences as you in terms of wanting a tighter fitting glove. I picked up a pair of Bauer Supremes last year after trying out quite a few pairs of other Bauers and other brands and I really like them. I also liked a pair of Reeboks (Kinetic Fits I think) which were also fairly snug (but felt a bit stiffer compared to the Bauers).

Go I'd suggest going to a store and trying out some Bauers.

You should also look to grab smaller sizes.. Usually the size charts for the gloves work well, but again this is something that you'll have to try out for yourself. Have fun looking!

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
Apart from that you'd probably like the fit of Bauer Supremes, the only advice you really need is to go to a store, and try on gloves.

The internet cannot fit your gloves for you. I know this sounds insane, but since you already know what fit characteristics you are looking for - what you should do is actually go shop for new gloves. The message board can't tell you whether the cuff is too loose for you or the 13s will fit your fingers better than the 14s.

...Like buying pants. Not rocket science.

Jo Ma

Jul 26, 2012
Hong Kong
yeah... i know i must try out...
but in Hong Kong... there are just one RINK selling bauer stuff and i dun think they have any Supreme series gloves...
anyway, thanks for all your suggestion, i 'll try to borrow a pair from ppl that play hockey and feel it.

Jo Ma

Jul 26, 2012
Hong Kong
The best advice I think you'll get in this thread is to go to a store and try out gloves. There are subtle differences between how brands feel on the hands. However, I will say that I have the same preferences as you in terms of wanting a tighter fitting glove. I picked up a pair of Bauer Supremes last year after trying out quite a few pairs of other Bauers and other brands and I really like them. I also liked a pair of Reeboks (Kinetic Fits I think) which were also fairly snug (but felt a bit stiffer compared to the Bauers).

Go I'd suggest going to a store and trying out some Bauers.

You should also look to grab smaller sizes.. Usually the size charts for the gloves work well, but again this is something that you'll have to try out for yourself. Have fun looking!
does those cheap bauer gloves' palm wears quickly?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The palm quality & durability will vary depending on which trim level of glove you get.

For what it's worth, I had a "loose" set of Vapor XXXX Pro gloves which I loved. Great flexability, fit, and comfort. I replaced them with a "tight" set of Supreme One80s because I was able to get them in the perfect colors to match our uniforms. At first I didn't like the tighter fit, and they had a TINY bit less flexability than the Vapors did. However, now that I'm use to the Supremes I don't even really like wearing the old Vapors.

So as someone above said, you ought to find a pair of Supremes if you can and try them on. I know it's tough to do where you are but even if you don't find those exactly, someone who plays at your rink ought to have a pair that you'll like. Just as long as you can talk enough people into letting you try them on :)

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
The Supreme One40's are $40-50 gloves, and I've not heard anyone complain that they break down too quickly in the palms...but they have different palm construction than the rest of the supreme line.

the one60s are $30 more expensive, but they have the overlay-reinforced palm like the TotalOnes (the materials are different, but they're layered the same), and I think the foams are a little better/denser.

Last edited:

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
does those cheap bauer gloves' palm wears quickly?
I haven't heard anything about that. My pair is only a year old and I don't play very often (10-15 games during the winter with full equipment and maybe once a week of shinny on top of that in the winter months).. so I can't be a solid judge on that. The palm that holds the butt end of the stick still looks pretty good compared to the shaft palm (for what it's worth).

I'd take more stock in what bigduga said.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Is there still the...Skyrink? The one with the friggin rollercoaster above it?

Anyways like people have said, try Supreme. Also give Reebok a try as mentioned, Easton Stealth, Warrior Projekt/Koncept/Eraser.

Jo Ma

Jul 26, 2012
Hong Kong
Is there still the...Skyrink? The one with the friggin rollercoaster above it?

Anyways like people have said, try Supreme. Also give Reebok a try as mentioned, Easton Stealth, Warrior Projekt/Koncept/Eraser.
yes~ but Skyrink is too small…
have u lived in HK?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Nope, read about that rink haha. Would love to play there one day (and in HK/China).

Live1evil

Dec 13, 2011
My reebok gloves fit tighter than the bauer and warriors i have, maybe you can try that. Also what is the rink called in HK that you play in?

Jo Ma

Jul 26, 2012
Hong Kong
My reebok gloves fit tighter than the bauer and warriors i have, maybe you can try that. Also what is the rink called in HK that you play in?
i played in two rink.
The one called The Rink is where the High School league's practice.
and games are play at Megaice, which is the biggest rink in Hong Kong.
I will also play a rec. league at the skyrink.(a very tiny rink, we play 3 on 3 there.)

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Isn't there an inline hockey rink near Price Edward station? I think they have a store there. Go over there and try out some gloves before making a decision.

I know they charge ridiculous prices over there, so you want to save money, you could try ordering on Taobao or eBay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad