Confirmed with Link: Abdelkader placed on waivers for buyout

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I would be shocked if Abby gets picked up by any NHL team.... although, I was shocked when Kenny handed Cleary the 2nd of 4 contract extensions, so I guess anything is possible.

Reactions: Ricelund

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Seems to be a common trend where all of our free agents don’t get signed by any other team in the offseason. Tells you a lot.

If you look at CapFriendly's list of remaining UFA's sorted by last seasons cap hit, Ericsson, Abdelkader and Howard occupy #2, #3 and #4. Karl Alzner spoiled a perfect sweep of Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Reactions: ShanahanMan

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
lol. The issue is I'm not saying he "will sign a PTO", I'm saying I think he will sign a PTO if he decides to look for one. My gut feeling tells me that he's going to just retire.
Well, he didn't retire (played in Swiss league) and he didn't get a PTO.

It's too bad you didn't take the bet....

Reactions: kliq

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Seems to be a common trend where all of our free agents don’t get signed by any other team in the offseason. Tells you a lot.

Interestingly one of those free agents that didn't get signed and ended up in Europe last year, Brendan Perlini, made the Edmonton Oilers this season after scoring 6 goals and 7 points in the preseason.

I think Abdelkader deserves a second chance in the NHL even if only as a veteran presence on one of the bottom lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad