Injury Report: Abdelkader out at least 3 Weeks

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
He’s been playing really well so it sucks, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see Smith a bit more. Still sucks. Hope he gets better soon.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
He may not be a problem right now but he certainly isn't a solution. Very replaceable.

He's not a problem because we aren't hurting for cap space and he's finally been relegated to the role he can actually kind of play but outside of that he provides little to no benefit.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
He's not a problem because we aren't hurting for cap space and he's finally been relegated to the role he can actually kind of play but outside of that he provides little to no benefit.
I was referring to his comment about sarcasm about Abby's production. "I don't think your sarcasm will last". The way I took that is he is saying Abby's production will have been missed or something like that. That's what I was basing my comments on. His production is very replaceable.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Paying someone over 4 million to do nothing sounds like a problem to me, hurting for cap space or not.

Reactions: avssuc

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Paying someone over 4 million to do nothing sounds like a problem to me, hurting for cap space or not.
That cap space is gonna hurt at the end of the season because the team has 10 RFAs to sign, 4 of whom are going to command some money, AA, Mantha, Bert, and Fabbri. Hopefully the rest of them (Ehn, Hirose, Bowey, Svech, Erne, and Perlini) are looking at qualifying offers.

At least we'll get more cap space every year with Dalye, Green & BigE, Helm & Flip, Nielsen, then Abby contracts expiring in the following seasons consecutively.

Reactions: avssuc and Ho Kogan

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not getting the love for Smith so far, honestly! He doesn't really do much out there yet, in fact other than getting in a fight I didn't notice him making any plays or hitting anyone.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Not getting the love for Smith so far, honestly! He doesn't really do much out there yet, in fact other than getting in a fight I didn't notice him making any plays or hitting anyone.

He was good vs St Louis and Edmonton, but tonight he wasn't noticeable at all (in his defense, only played 6 minutes).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He was good vs St Louis and Edmonton, but tonight he wasn't noticeable at all (in his defense, only played 6 minutes).
I think he might have hurt his hands in that fight. He didn't handle the puck nearly as well as he did in his last call up.

The team was also behind most of the game, so Blash had to shorten the bench. Ehn got less than 8 min of ES time, Helm got 11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->