Abbreviated Season: To Our ADVANTAGE

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Cooke was on 93.7 today and said Crosby has been doing things on the ice he's never even seen before. He was at a loss for words when trying to describe him.

7879.jpg

Do they have a podcast?

-edit- Just found it. - http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/01/08/matt-cooke-is-geared-up-for-start-of-nhl-season/

Last edited:

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
I think it's hard to predict anything for this regular season. Just need to make sure you get into the playoffs and hopefully have things worked out by that point.

Really excited to see Crosby and Malkin play hockey again, obviously since 87 is extremely hungry and 71 appears to be in beast mode form already.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
Michalek? And as an outside observer, I think that Staal's importance is being downplayed in this.

Good point. I forgot about him, as well as Sullivan. So perhaps I'm overestimating the impact on our team. Then again, I get the feeling that the teams that expect to win will find a reason for the short season to produce more wins, while teams that expect misfortune will find a reason for the schedule to work against them.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think the Pens are at an advantage. Less time for adjustments, and we know how they are sitting defensively. The forwards I don't see much issue, but adding in the changes DB was talking about and the defensive core as they sit would have me worried enough.

Advantage, every team who's not a regular perennial playoff team. There's an actual doable chance. Those teams will take that chance to task, as they should.

Your new 2013 Stanley cup champions....the Phoenix Coyotes!

Gary Bettman hands cup to, Doan. Then he has to hand it right back.

See NYR fans, the cup will come to NYC and will be displayed in the league offices.

Last, Gary gets to spend an entire week with it.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad