Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I dont think anyone would argue that they would rather have Brady than Cam, but it was a bit jarring to see how close the two are in most of their efficiency stats and also too see that NE offense has actually been better than Tampas in a lot of areas, giving the massive discrepancy in offensive talent

I think you and Shannon are on the same page but I'm with skip

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
When your bench mark is not throwing 30 picks, anything is better. Though Tom is throwing a lot of picks for him. That said, while its been okay in Tampa rhis season. I think they are definitely underachieving given the talent and where the bar was set before the season. Should be interesting to see how these final handful of games goes.

Also, if they really want to change the culture, they need to get rid of Arians. Not only is his offense style not a great match with Tom, but the dude is a straihht up bozo and takes zero responsibility when this go bad, but wants all the credit when they go right. Publicly throwing Brady under the bus is not going to last either

I don’t really see how it has been an underachieving season? Were they supposed to go undefeated? They are 7-4 their final five games has their record at either 11-5 or 10-6. That’s a really successful season. They were never going to go 13-3 or 12-4 when their schedule has them playing the Super Bowl champion Chiefs, two NFC contenders in the Saints x2 and the Packers. The Rams are really solid as well.

There are no easy game in this league. The “bar” is irrelevant

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He had himself a great game

I think he’s a great QB stuck with absolute shit around him. Fuller is good and Cooks has been good this year but outside of that the running game is crap and the line is double crap

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

I think he’s a great QB stuck with absolute shit around him. Fuller is good and Cooks has been good this year but outside of that the running game is crap and the line is double crap
I don’t see it. He throws in the towel when the stakes are high and he starts to lose. The team isn’t that bad. I blame coaching more.
He played good today though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well he can definitely win big games, he’s won a national title. They’ve just never bothered to protect him. Always has a bottom 5 line in the league

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I believe they said on Sunday that Watson's having his best statistical year ever, he's just surrounded by garbage and had to spend the first 6 weeks with Bill O'Brien's system.

Dude's an elite QB in this league, Houston's record isn't his fault at all.

Reactions: CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I can't take anyone seriously who suggests Cam Newton is as good as Brady is. If you put Brady on this team, they'd have a much better record, IMO.

I doubt anyone is saying Newton is as good as Brady and if they are, they're on drugs. But don't act like Brady is forcing things that aren't there for him physically anymore. Because that's what is happening.

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can't take anyone seriously who suggests Cam Newton is as good as Brady is. If you put Brady on this team, they'd have a much better record, IMO.

idk, I think you see a continuation of the back half of last year when they were winning at pretty much the same rate as they are now. They were what 2-4 in their last 6 or something? They’re 4-6 now. Not a huge difference

except that team last year was better and had more talent on defense

he’d be absolutely miserable if he had to throw to Meyers and Byrd and Ryan Izzo as his #1 TE lol

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

And they traded their stud WR for a RB who is hurt. What a disaster.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I believe they said on Sunday that Watson's having his best statistical year ever, he's just surrounded by garbage and had to spend the first 6 weeks with Bill O'Brien's system.

Dude's an elite QB in this league, Houston's record isn't his fault at all.
They used the same game plan they did against Baltimore I feel like. They wanted to keep Watson contained and force him to throw. The problem is Watson can make almost every throw on the field unlike Jackson. Watson did a great job being patient too. No one in this league can cover for 8 seconds.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Speaking of Lamar, he just tested positive. If the game even happens on Sunday, RGIII will start.

Sounds like the Steelers want the Ravens to forfeit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad