Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Goff acting like he’s got something to prove tonight, must want a redo of the SB against Brady

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Helping one of my fantasy teams

But we need the Rams to lose cause I still want chaos and the Pats to sneak in
What does the Rams losing have to do with the Pats' playoff chances? If anything it's good they won because it would improve our strength of schedule and victory if we beat them.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Wonder if Brady has any regret going to Tampa. 3 great WRs, got Gronk back out of retirement and a pretty good defense yet they're only 7-4 and are 2-4 now against teams .500 and above. Asking 43 year old Brady to throw more deep balls and less of what he's best at is just bad coaching.

Tampa look like a team who will get bounced in their first playoff game

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Wonder if Brady has any regret going to Tampa. 2 great WR, got Gronk back out of retirement and a pretty good defense yet they're only 7-4 and are 2-4 now against teams .500 and above. Asking 43 year old Brady to throw more deep balls and less of what he's best at is just bad coaching

What's to regret? Dealing with old grumpy bill, id rather on the beach

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Arians should be grumpy after that Brady performance. Two perfectly thrown interceptions. He can't seem to play two good back to back games. Must be age. He was losing it when he was with the Pats. TB won't keep him for the full contract, 3 years, as a starter.

Reactions: DKH

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Arians should be grumpy after that Brady performance. Two perfectly thrown interceptions. He can't seem to play two good back to back games. Must be age. He was losing it when he was with the Pats. TB won't keep him for the full contract, 3 years, as a starter.

Well at least they have a real path instead of the stupidest analysis in pro sports coming from the Boston media. Why is Brady the only qb you ever call out. You wait for him to fail clearly. Congrats on your highlight of the season watching the GOAT fail at 43 on MNF

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Well at least they have a real path instead of the stupidest analysis in pro sports coming from the Boston media. Why is Brady the only qb you ever call out. You wait for him to fail clearly. Congrats on your highlight of the season watching the GOAT fail at 43 on MNF

"Why is Brady the only QB you ever call out?" I am sorry, I thought this was the Patriots/NFL/Tampa Bay Thread. Why would I call out another QB from another team in a Tampa Bay Thread? You did graduate from high school? BTiW I don't wait for him to fail, he does that very well by himself. I am glad he isn't failing with the Pats at 43; I had enough at 42.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

The physical talent is the same as it’s always been imo but the decision making has slipped the last two years. I had more “wtf Brady” moments last year than I had in the prior 10 years combined. He’s mostly been good but he’s thrown some brutal picks this year

Reactions: DKH and Maine Fan

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Brady with a bad night

I was winning by .06 points in fantasy and just needed Tom to close it out without a pick....

Gonna lose by 1.94 points.

Oof that's a bad beat.

I'm 9-2 in one league, 8-3 in the other. Pretty darn happy...best I've done in fantasy in a couple years.

Reactions: CDJ

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Direct quote from my steelers fan buddy on Moncrief:

“He was the worst WR in the history of football in his 2 games with the Steelers so I will forever hate him”
I don’t hate him, but he dropped a ton of passes. I mean, easy catches.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Wonder if Brady has any regret going to Tampa. 3 great WRs, got Gronk back out of retirement and a pretty good defense yet they're only 7-4 and are 2-4 now against teams .500 and above. Asking 43 year old Brady to throw more deep balls and less of what he's best at is just bad coaching.

Tampa look like a team who will get bounced in their first playoff game

Brady deserves plenty of blame himself for poor throws/decisions, but the fit with Bruce Arians never made much sense, both in play-style and personality. It's still a good team, but I don't think anyone is looking at them as a team that will do damage in the playoffs. It will be fascinating to see if they just run it back with the same group next year or make some changes. If there's a power struggle, who wins: Brady or Arians?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Goff acting like he’s got something to prove tonight, must want a redo of the SB against Brady
Goff was impressive

that Rams team is very likeable

the Bucs are a collection of stars - one time or still

Brady doesn’t have the arm strength and looks a bit like a fish out of water

He looks close to done

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Goff was impressive

that Rams team is very likeable

the Bucs are a collection of stars - one time or still

Brady doesn’t have the arm strength and looks a bit like a fish out of water

He looks close to done

Bucs Oline has wilted against the Saints Bears and Rams. I expect a high scoring game against KC where Brady gets time to throw. Goff also had 2 INTs

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bucs Oline has wilted against the Saints Bears and Rams. I expect a high scoring game against KC where Brady gets time to throw. Goff also had 2 INTs

yeah but he was also way more accurate and way more effectively moving the ball downfield. Brady had a passer rating of 62.5 and a QBR of 55.2 while Goff was 99.8 and 85.4. There was a big difference in how they were throwing the ball last night

Brady’s line wasn’t great but at the end of the day they surrendered one sack to a team with Aaron Donald on it you gotta take that every time

I will say though they had a lineman go down late on the play before the final pick, And I believe his replacement got put on skates to force Brady to make a decision early and ultimately throw that pick

Reactions: Maine Fan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t like giving him credit but Roethlisberger has been great this year and I have no idea how he is making this happen

Steelers may be the sneakiest undefeated team 10 weeks into a season ever

Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Bucs Oline has wilted against the Saints Bears, and Rams. I expect a high scoring game against KC where Brady gets time to throw. Goff also had 2 INTs

OK, get your jollies. They both had two interceptions. Goff was so much better than Brady in last night's game. Brady was terrible during the game and after the game, walking off the field without shaking Goff's hand. What a spoiled brat. It won't be long before Brady throws the entire team under the bus saying they need to play better to win. What a disgrace he is. There was a time on the field, never off the field for Brady.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
OK, get your jollies. They both had two interceptions. Goff was so much better than Brady in last night's game. Brady was terrible during the game and after the game, walking off the field without shaking Goff's hand. What a spoiled brat. It won't be long before Brady throws the entire team under the bus saying they need to play better to win. What a disgrace he is. There was a time on the field, never off the field for Brady.

This is just so absurd. Goff had a decent night but you only show up after a Brady loss with these takes

Reactions: Seidenbergy

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

The physical talent is the same as it’s always been imo but the decision making has slipped the last two years. I had more “wtf Brady” moments last year than I had in the prior 10 years combined. He’s mostly been good but he’s thrown some brutal picks this year

Its that Tampa/Florida stink on Tom

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
F11BFFFD-59E4-4493-BCBF-90108C7D6B7B.jpeg
7DF1CE2F-89C4-427C-89F2-52185AB742EE.jpeg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I do not know who the spike king is so I’m not going to put too much stock into it but it wouldn’t shock me with either guy as both have been through a lot physically

plus Cannon simply would not be able to suit up until covid is kaput anyway. He’s a cancer survivor and I’m sure the extra weight isn’t helpful if he were to catch it either

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hightower doesn't get the recognition he deserves from people outside New England, but he is a hero of two superbowls. The Butler INT never happens if Hightower doesn't make one of the greatest tackles of all time on Lynch at the 2 yard line. And we don't come back from 28-3 without the strip sack on Matty Ice. Pats HOFer, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->