Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I have no issue with PI and how it's called in the pro game. If someone runs a 30 yard out, and draws a call, the inference is that the team would have gotten those yards if not for the foul. So giving teams a 10 yard penalty would give the defense motivation to play all deep balls and not care about PI since they'd only be giving up 10 yards. It would literally wreck the integrity of the game, IMO. Having it called the way it is now at least forces the defensive player to try and play it honest and straight up because the call is punitive. If you give it a 10 yard max, no reason why you wouldn't mug a guy every time down field.

For me, the thing that I don't like is the Joe Flacco-style long-ball PI, where the WR has, at best, a 50-50 shot at it. Using that logic, I like the idea of a hybrid-style PI where up to 15 yards down field, you'd get a 15 yard penalty, and then beyond 15 yards, you get 50% of the air yards (i.e. PI on a 50 yard attempt would net a 25 yard penalty).

I think that's enough of a punishment to deter intentional PIs, while not over-rewarding the offense.

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Boy the Eagles defense stinks. Would have been huge for the program to have back to back tight games against Clemson and ND. Only getting 3 on that early fumble really set the tone. This is a good ND defense though. If they put up 30 that’s a big deal.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You can thank Steve Addazio recruiting for that. But as you say, ND is very good. Hafley's initial recruiting is much improved over Addazio on paper.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Why not ask it? The team and roster has bottomed out over the last 2 seasons with clearly not having enough talent. As the coach and the GM, he gets the hard questions. I mean shit, BB recently pointed to the cap issues as a reason why the roster isn't as talented as he wants. Are people supposed to give him a pass on that statement just because they know his drafting has been sub par the last few drafts?
20 years of dream team football now people complain? Yep the media needs hits ask the garbage questions. By the way most team dream of what the Pats did last year. Now we are just spoiled brats plain and simple.

Reactions: LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Boy the Eagles defense stinks. Would have been huge for the program to have back to back tight games against Clemson and ND. Only getting 3 on that early fumble really set the tone. This is a good ND defense though. If they put up 30 that’s a big deal.

Too bad the fall short against all these ranked teams. Been like that for so long.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
20 years of dream team football now people complain? Yep the media needs hits ask the garbage questions. By the way most team dream of what the Pats did last year. Now we are just spoiled brats plain and simple.

welcome to playing in a sports market that holds teams accountable.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
You can thank Steve Addazio recruiting for that. But as you say, ND is very good. Hafley's initial recruiting is much improved over Addazio on paper.
With Addazio still here no chance Jurkovec even considers coming.

I will say, there were a few seasons when Addazio had that defense looking pretty good though. You just can’t get significant guys to stick around or come in when you’re a regular .500 team and always beat the bad teams and get spanked by the good ones. I think he was a fine coach for the turn around and I think the guys loved playing for him but good lord, I’m glad we’re not still running the ball up the gut while we’re down 14 with 3 minutes to go.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Its a fair question the last few drafts have not produced and now the team is lacking talent. No one is taking away what hes done over 20 years, but there seems to be an issue with draftinf the last few years. The media can't ignore that and live in the past.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
With Addazio still here no chance Jurkovec even considers coming.

I will say, there were a few seasons when Addazio had that defense looking pretty good though. You just can’t get significant guys to stick around or come in when you’re a regular .500 team and always beat the bad teams and get spanked by the good ones. I think he was a fine coach for the turn around and I think the guys loved playing for him but good lord, I’m glad we’re not still running the ball up the gut while we’re down 14 with 3 minutes to go.

Might have been more to do with Don Brown before he left for Michigan

On another note, this Luton fellow with some of the worst QB play I have ever seen.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Forget the fantasy dorks, absolutely hilarious Chubb stepped out of bounds as Cle was 4.5 pt favorite :laugh:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Nice bounce back for Brady and the Bucs. It looks like Tom got the message as he targeted Evans a team high 11 times.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

The way I see it, the reporters are doing this because of how BB handled them during the Brady era. This was a cyclical thing and the media is loving it. They had to shut up and take it when the team was winning, but now that they're not doing well, the media is sharpening their knives. And rightly so, IMO. BB didn't have to be as big of a jerk as he has been, so they're getting their shots in on him now as retribution.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The way I see it, the reporters are doing this because of how BB handled them during the Brady era. This was a cyclical thing and the media is loving it. They had to shut up and take it when the team was winning, but now that they're not doing well, the media is sharpening their knives. And rightly so, IMO. BB didn't have to be as big of a jerk as he has been, so they're getting their shots in on him now as retribution.

Bill should of saw that coming a mile away but he took the medias advice and thought he could win without TB12

Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That Hail Mary was one of the best you'll ever see. Murray escapes a sack and has to throw on the run. Hopkins over 3 guys. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->