Winnipeg

DmVxi4NW0AAmEwl.jpg

Winnipeg Jets statement on the passing of Ab McDonald

DmWXOn-U4AAkIns.jpg

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
A great person will be missed by many.

A great player with his name all over hockey history.

4 Stanley Cups in a row with Habs and Hawks
Played for 4 original 6 teams
Scored Stanley Cup Game winning goal in 1961
1st Pitsburgh Penguin Captain in team history
1st Captain in Jets history
1st Jets goal
I am sure there are many other on ice accomplishments as well.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Condolences to his family, friends and fans. Seems like he was a good guy and a great teammate.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I had gotten to know AB the last dozen years or so he had a grandson play with one of my sons so saw him lots . There was not a kinder more humble person our there , he always wanted to know how you were doing how your family members were doing and was actually interested . He never talked about his hockey past unless you asked specific questions about it and then it was usually a short answer .
A truly great man that will be missed by many . Condolences to family and friends
ps He's up there booking his Tee times already , loved his golf

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was sorry to see this. I'm to young to have seen him play but know he is a local legend and seemed like a fine gentleman by all accounts. 4 Stanley Cups in a row is nothing to sneeze at.

Question, was he one of the owners of Ab D. Cards (it used to be on the top floor of the Book Fair's old location on Portage Ave)

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I was sorry to see this. I'm to young to have seen him play but know he is a local legend and seemed like a fine gentleman by all accounts. 4 Stanley Cups in a row is nothing to sneeze at.

Question, was he one of the owners of Ab D. Cards (it used to be on the top floor of the Book Fair's old location on Portage Ave)
i thought it was.
man, Book Fair is a throwback to my youth....

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

The moved like 5 times while they were in Winnipeg. It's where I bought all my hockey cards.

About Ab D Cards History - Your Source For Sports Memorabilia

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
i thought it was.
man, Book Fair is a throwback to my youth....

I used to love the Book Fair's old location, it was right next to Mother's/Games on the Avenue. We'd spend entire Saturday's going back and forth looking at comic books and playing video games

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I used to love the Book Fair's old location, it was right next to Mother's/Games on the Avenue. We'd spend entire Saturday's going back and forth looking at comic books and playing video games
i couldn't go to Mothers. my parents never signed the permission slip kids under 16 needed to play in arcades.
i spent a lot of time buying Transformers comics there. and money. and i'm pretty sure i bought the Archie comic where they go to Expo 86 there

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The moved like 5 times while they were in Winnipeg. It's where I bought all my hockey cards.

About Ab D Cards History - Your Source For Sports Memorabilia

I bought all my cards there too. Was down there most weekends buying cards. Completed my 79-80 opeechee set buying up singles. Still have it today Gretzky rookie and all. Dryden and Howe final cards, blue borders and all tough to find in mint condition. Also completed my 78/79 with Bossy rookie and 77/78 set buyingbup singles back in the day. I still have unopened wax packs of 79/80 Topps basketball somewhere in my collection of stuff I bought at AbD Cards. Never came across Ab McDonald at the store. Don’t believe he had any affiliation at all.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad