NFL: Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay? (not anymore?)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Farewell tour for Rodgers and I'm guessing management steers clear of him the rest of the way. Matt Lafleur works with him but it's Rodgers' calls on the field for 2021. That's my guess.

Reactions: EpochLink

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Aaron is starting to fight dirty, with his comments. He is publicly pouting because the Packers didn't cave.

Of course they didn't cave, Aaron. The Green Bay Packers brand is bigger than Aaron Rodgers. I have said that how many times?

In 10 years, Rodgers will be somewhat forgotten. It isn't like Rodgers is Tom Brady or Joe Montana, legends who repeatedly won and are in the GOAT conversation.

Rodgers is 1-2 rungs down on the hierarchy of all-time greatness.

In 10 years, Rodgers won't mean too much, while the Packers will still be viewed as one of America's top sports brands.

Why would the Packers cave and set themselves up for a future of players pulling the same crap that Rodgers is pulling? If you cave to Aaron, then you set the precedent that your organization is weak and will be strong-armed into doing things.

The Packers are too strong of a brand to allow themselves to be punked by Rodgers.

The only thing I wish is that this diva would have had someone like Belichick as his coach.

Can you imagine how badly Belichick would eat Rodgers if he heard Rodgers babbling off to the media like he did yesterday?

Reactions: PanthersPens62

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Credit to him he was pretty transparent and in-depth, especially for a player press conference. While I'm not pleased at the drama this offseason, managing your star players is a reality of the sport and judging by Rodgers comments, some basic communication with Rodgers by Green Bay would have avoided this mess.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He's an oddball for sure but Rodgers' stated gripes are 100% legitimate and I'm pretty sure Packers management are dickheads. What he's advocating for should be the standard going forward when you have a superstar quarterback. Look at TB and Brady. They just got a Super Bowl out of it despite early friction between Brady and Arians. And I say this as someone who thought Brady was washed after his last year in NE. Never again.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Aaron is starting to fight dirty, with his comments. He is publicly pouting because the Packers didn't cave.

Of course they didn't cave, Aaron. The Green Bay Packers brand is bigger than Aaron Rodgers. I have said that how many times?

In 10 years, Rodgers will be somewhat forgotten. It isn't like Rodgers is Tom Brady or Joe Montana, legends who repeatedly won and are in the GOAT conversation.

In 10 years, Rodgers won't mean too much, while the Packers will still be viewed as one of America's top sports brands.

Why would the Packers cave and set themselves up for a future of players pulling the same crap that Rodgers is pulling? If you cave to Aaron, then you set the precedent that your organization is weak and will be strong-armed into doing things.

The Packers are too strong of a brand to allow themselves to be punked by Rodgers.

The only thing I wish is that this diva would have had someone like Belichick as his coach.

Can you imagine how badly Belichick would eat Rodgers if he heard Rodgers babbling off to the media like he did yesterday?

Yikes. Lots of wrong going on here- you need to watch the presser first. (Unless you are a Schefter HF burner.)

He's not pouting. He wants to be involved in personnel moves that affect him. He's put 17 years and multiple awards on his resume that carry weight and establish credibility. He's earned a little leeway to throw his weight around.

The Packers' brand of the past 3 decades has largely been built off their excellent QB play, of which he's responsible for nearly half. Their brand between Starr and Favre was "NFL Siberia."

I think the Cowboys are the only team that can expand their brand in spite of truly mediocre performance.

Rank Rodgers wherever you like but the belief that he'll be forgotten in 10 years is laughable. Multiple time MVP's and 1st ballot HOFer's don't get forgotten. Guys like Mike Tomzcak and Bobby Hebert, Chad Hutchinson, Jeff Blake, et al get forgotten. (Colossal busts are the only exception.)

Both sides are at fault but the media's terrible coverage of this is the real enemy. Stirring the pot instead of reporting actual news. You've taken their bait, based on your comments.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You’ve said it ‘how many times’ and not a single one of them has made any sense and the more you keep bringing up the brand it makes even less sense.

None of this means anything. They just traded for Randall Cobb basically because Rodgers told them to. They redid his contract. So, yes, he is getting his way. They very obviously felt the need to acquiesce him.

‘If Belichick was coach,’ Belichick tried more than once to get rid of Brady and Robert Kraft made him eat shit. And he’s still eating it.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Imagine being this buttmad a star player got his way. You're a loser, my guy.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Imagine being this buttmad a star player got his way. You're a loser, my guy.
You often insult people on these boards. I have seen it often. Keyboard warrior. You are a f***ing goof. And the worst part is that you aren't even aware how much of a goof you are.

Using the term "buttmad" and calling someone "a loser" on a message board (someone that you don't even know) really says a lot about your level of intellect.

You resort to name-calling and insulting and all sorts of juvenile tactics frequently, and I am confident that I speak for a sizable portion of people when I say that you carry yourself like an idiot.

I don't really ever get like this with people on here. Even when I 100% disagree with someone, I don't get hostile like this. But you are someone who often acts out of line and you are someone that needs to be told.

If you can't debate and discuss things with people in a mature and respectful manner, then you should piss right off these message boards.

Capiche?

Last edited:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
You’ve said it ‘how many times’ and not a single one of them has made any sense and the more you keep bringing up the brand it makes even less sense.

None of this means anything. They just traded for Randall Cobb basically because Rodgers told them to. They redid his contract. So, yes, he is getting his way. They very obviously felt the need to acquiesce him.

‘If Belichick was coach,’ Belichick tried more than once to get rid of Brady and Robert Kraft made him eat shit. And he’s still eating it.
If Rodgers was getting his way, then he would be attending the Denver Broncos training camp right now.

As for Belichick? Belichick and Kraft finally did agree on Brady's place on the team. So saying Kraft is "still making him eat it (shit)" isn't correct.

Which honestly was the best thing for both parties, Belichick and Brady. The Patriots make the right decision to move off Brady and Brady made the right decision going to a different team. Their priorities and where each party was in the cycle of contention didn't align. Hanging on to Brady would have postponed the rebuild, and Brady remaining on the Patriots would have been bad for his career too since he only has so many years left. Sometimes the best thing for a team and a player to do is divorce.

The Patriots weren't going to make another run with Brady. They looked like a team that was finished as a contender in Brady's last season there. Keeping Brady would have postponed what they needed to do, and would have caused Brady grief as well since he wouldn't have wanted to spend the final years of his career on a non-contending team.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Rodgers was getting his way, then he would be attending the Denver Broncos training camp right now.

As for Belichick? Belichick and Kraft finally did agree on Brady's place on the team. So saying Kraft is "still making him eat it (shit)" isn't correct.

Which honestly was the best thing for both parties, Belichick and Brady. The Patriots make the right decision to move off Brady and Brady made the right decision going to a different team. Their priorities and where each party was in the cycle of contention didn't align. Hanging on to Brady would have postponed the rebuild, and Brady remaining on the Patriots would have been bad for his career too since he only has so many years left. Sometimes the best thing for a team and a player to do is divorce.

The Patriots weren't going to make another run with Brady. They looked like a team that was finished as a contender in Brady's last season there. Keeping Brady would have postponed what they needed to do, and would have caused Brady grief as well since he wouldn't have wanted to spend the final years of his career on a non-contending team.

Brady left because he was sick of everybody and obviously isn’t the reason they weren’t going to win again given he already did it in year one.

Rodgers got his contract redone, he got what he wanted, and they can’t tag him.

Top players are going to get what they want.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Brady left because he was sick of everybody and obviously isn’t the reason they weren’t going to win again given he already did it in year one.

Rodgers got his contract redone, he got what he wanted, and they can’t tag him.

Top players are going to get what they want.
As for Rodgers?

At best, the outcome in that situation can be seen as a compromise. He obviously isn't happy and content, otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to whine the way he did in the press conference. People who feel like they have just "won" or "gotten their way" don't throw a tantrum the way he did. And a tantrum is exactly what he threw.

He ultimately wanted out of Green Bay and his wish wasn't granted.

In regards to Brady and the Patriots?

I don't think Brady was going to be the reason they didn't win again. But he also wasn't going to guide New England to another Super Bowl.

The supporting cast was getting too old and too thin. The Patriots, after starting 8-0 in Brady's last season against a bunch of horrible teams, were exposed in the 2nd half of that season and the playoffs.

It was best for both Brady and the Patriots to move on. They had grown apart, and their respective priorities (contending vs. rebuilding) didn't align.

It is kind of like a couple who enjoyed each other's company for a long time, but then hit a fork in the road where one wanted to keep living the adventurous lifestyle while the other was looking to settle down to have a family.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Brady was going to be the reason they didn't win again. But he also wasn't going to guide New England to another Super Bowl.

The supporting cast was getting too old and too thin. The Patriots, after starting 8-0 in Brady's last season against a bunch of horrible teams, were exposed in the 2nd half of that season and the playoffs.

It was best for both Brady and the Patriots to move on. They had grown apart, and their respective priorities (contending vs. rebuilding) didn't align.

It is kind of like a couple who enjoyed each other's company for a long time, but then hit a fork in the road where one wanted to keep living the adventurous lifestyle while the other was looking to settle down to have a family.

And Brady knew that so he left. And a bunch of guys showed up with him specifically because of him.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
And Brady knew that so he left. And a bunch of guys showed up with him specifically because of him.
I like Brady. He is probably my favourite NFL player. I am definitely aware that he causes players to want to play with him.

His time in New England was done though.

You had originally said that Belichick was eating shit, and I don't agree with that. Belichick eventually got his way. He eventually got Kraft to agree with him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like Brady. He is probably my favourite NFL player. I am definitely aware that he causes players to want to play with him.

His time in New England was done though.

You had originally said that Belichick was eating shit, and I don't agree with that. Belichick eventually got his way. He eventually got Kraft to agree with him.

No he didn’t. Kraft did not want Brady to leave. Brady left because Brady wanted to leave. Kraft standing his ground won them another super bowl and nearly 2.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You often insult people on these boards. I have seen it often. Keyboard warrior. You are a f***ing goof. And the worst part is that you aren't even aware how much of a goof you are.

Using the term "buttmad" and calling someone "a loser" on a message board (someone that you don't even know) really says a lot about your level of intellect.

You resort to name-calling and insulting and all sorts of juvenile tactics frequently, and I am confident that I speak for a sizable portion of people when I say that you carry yourself like an idiot.

I don't really ever get like this with people on here. Even when I 100% disagree with someone, I don't get hostile like this. But you are someone who often acts out of line and you are someone that needs to be told.

If you can't debate and discuss things with people in a mature and respectful manner, then you should piss right off these message boards.

Capiche?

If i didn't know any better i'd say i'm living rent free in your head rn.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Getting past the "who has more power/leverage/etc." debate between the Packers vs. Rodgers.

I am wondering why so many people seem to be on the pro-Rodgers side.

Is it a case of "pro-player/anti-management-ownership" perspective that a lot of people have?

In a lot of cases in sports, it seems like many people side with players, because they are seen as less greedy or more likeable. So I am wondering if this is why people are supporting Rodgers.

If so, I am not sure if that applies to this situation. Because mostly anyone who has ever gotten to know Rodgers on a personal-level will say that he is a dick (even if they don't use that word). He even treats his own family like garbage.

So I wonder why he has the number of fans that he does.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Getting past the "who has more power/leverage/etc." debate between the Packers vs. Rodgers.

I am wondering why so many people seem to be on the pro-Rodgers side.

Is it a case of "pro-player/anti-management-ownership" perspective that a lot of people have?

In a lot of cases in sports, it seems like many people side with players, because they are seen as less greedy or more likeable. So I am wondering if this is why people are supporting Rodgers.

If so, I am not sure if that applies to this situation. Because mostly anyone who has ever gotten to know Rodgers on a personal-level will say that he is a dick (even if they don't use that word). He even treats his own family like garbage.

So I wonder why he has the number of fans that he does.
We tune into NFL games to watch the best players perform athletic miracles, and Rodgers is one of the best. Rodgers is entertaining on and off the field. Fans love him because of that. I can’t believe this isn’t plainly obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad