Injury Report: Aaron Ekblad 3/28/21 (fractured leg), out fishing with the boys

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Man thinking of last night's game. I am not blaming Connolly at all, because you can't. But the butterfly effect of him hitting the post seconds before the injury is crazy. Had he scored, the power play would have ended and the injury not happen. Just really heartbreaking. Like WTF.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Man thinking of last night's game. I am not blaming Connolly at all, because you can't. But the butterfly effect of him hitting the post seconds before the injury is crazy. Had he scored, the power play would have ended and the injury not happen. Just really heartbreaking. Like WTF.

I get what you're saying, but literally any other play in the game could be different and could lead to different circumstances on where Ek was on the ice.

Reactions: UKPanther

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I get what you're saying, but literally any other play in the game could be different and could lead to different circumstances on where Ek was on the ice.
No I know.

It just looking at the sequence, Ekblad pinched that deep to keep the play alive on that particular PP that's all.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Haven't done a lot of personal reading on the subject, but I have heard that the research around PrP has been promising so definitely could be worth while. McDavid used a hyperbaric chamber for his knee injury which I thought was pretty cool. There's a lot of emerging therapies that pro-athletes are able to access that the general public isn't which is why I urged people in my original post to not be part of the "his career is over" or "he'll never be the same" crowd.

Not sure if people down south have seen it, but here's a trailer for The Sportsnet special on McDavid's knee injury. It was quite a documentary.

Now I know the injuries probably aren't the same, but I would bet dollars to Donuts McDavid reaches out to Ek.

Reactions: harv33173

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Not sure that has been determined yet. Surgery for the bone would be number 1 priority as that needs to be addressed in the first few days. If it is only a broken bone though that would be good news.
Really appreciate all your insight you've provided so far. It's nice hearing from someone actually that knows what they're talking about, and not an armchair doctor from twitter.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Not sure if people down south have seen it, but here's a trailer for The Sportsnet special on McDavid's knee injury. It was quite a documentary.

Now I know the injuries probably aren't the same, but I would bet dollars to Donuts McDavid reaches out to Ek.

Absolutely. The two know each other quite well both being Ontario born exceptional status OHLers and playing in some international tournaments together. I'm sure Connor will reach out to him.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
A fracture that takes 12-weeks to heal after surgery... Sounds like he could make a full recovery... Cross fingers...

Ligaments injuries are so much worse, and the chances to get back to normal are way worse...

Obviously if you could choose, you’d rather see Aaron or any of our players not getting injured !

But between ligaments damage or bone fracture ? You choose the fracture any day of the week and twice on Sundays IMO.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Really feel bad for Ekblad and the Panthers. There was a stretch were it seemed like the Panthers were doing everything right, and now it feels like what could go wrong has gone wrong. Hopefully Barkov is back soon so that might help a little, but Ekblad being out for the season really stings.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
No I know.

It just looking at the sequence, Ekblad pinched that deep to keep the play alive on that particular PP that's all.
Well, Hubie had an open net before that when their goalie fell, but he didn’t realize it until after he shot the puck. So, Indian spirits caused the fluttering of sticks and hands, eventually leading to Ek’s injury. But maybe they made a deal with evil spirits and allowed a lesser injury than what the truly vengeful bastard spirits had planned for him and it was the best possible outcome.

Reactions: IRootForNoTeam

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Ekblad liked Zito's message on instagram

aqbMg1n.jpg

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->