Injury Report: Aaron Ekblad 3/28/21 (fractured leg), out fishing with the boys

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Do they give actual updates on Ek? The last I heard was “successful surgery”.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Prayers for a quick recovery! Ekblad is so good. I am glad his injury was not as bad as previously feared and hopefully he can come back as good as he was this year.
Hopefully you can go over to the Cane’s board and teach them some god damn manners because you’re by far the nicest one this year. Keep doing you brotha we appreciate it!

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Does anybody know any details on his injury/surgery what kind of fracture it was in the end and how many titanium plates and/or screws he got in what way- since he had surgery I take this as a given? (becoming a cyborg twin for Barky :sarcasm:). Where is Brokin btw?

I fractured my right lateral malleolus (outside of the right ankle, lowest part of your lower leg) crashing foot first into the boards. It broke from the bottom upwards several centimeters, so I got a titanium plate with 2 holding screws for the plate and one long-*ss transversal screw to pull the split parts together. For the following season, I could play and skate fine, only some friction and blistering trouble since my foot was larger at that spot. This did not go away after they took the metal out 1 year later because the bone really got a lot thicker at this spot - better protection long term, but I am still having a bit of trouble finding the perfect skates and inline rollers to get comfortable and get rid of the blistering/friction trouble. Guess this will not be an issue for a pro like Ek, good news is though that if everything is going according to plan, I would be quite sure that there is no reason to worry that he won't be his old self from before he hurt himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I want to see him doing stops and starts in the corner where the Zamboni gate is. Worst ice on the rink always. That's where his accident happened. Eliminate any fear that could've crept into his head.

Reactions: kerrabria

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ice condition had nothing to do with his injury though...
Sure
I imagine being in the area with crappy ice plays with your mind. I'm sure he had lots of time to think about everything since March.
Just like I imagined the first time he gets hit. I know I will flinch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad